Did anyone ever feel like something was stuck in their throat?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Feels like something is stuck in my throat aahhh it's annoying

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I get this! Only on one side lol but feels like I have something there, all the time! My throat on that side also clicks when I swallow water, or if I press on it. It's really odd! No idea what it is though, sorry!

• Posted

Funnily enough I have this.  It has changed a bit over the past few weeks/months but now I have the feeling of there being something down my throat on the left side.  It first started back in the summer and I felt as if I had a hair tickling the back of my throat.  I kept looking in the mirror to see if I could see anything or I tried to remove the 'hair' with my finger but there wasn't anything there!  Then my uvula was really noticeable where it touched the back of my throat/tonsils/tongue - it felt like a worm dangling down my throat and I could feel it on my tongue - like it was a foreign body and didn't belong to me.  Then I had this feeling as if I was swallowing a lump.  I felt like I had 'something' or small lumps stuck to the inside of my throat and I was worried that it may be some sort of growth or cyst or that my thyroid was swollen.  However, the feeling used to come and go - sometimes it was worse and sometimes I wasn't aware of it, but it seemed to be more prevalent down the left side at the back and the inside of my throat.  I still have the feeling but it's not as bad as it was.  I recently had blood tests and my iron was low at 7.5 and that was after taking an iron supplement for 10 days (as I'd already suspected that my iron was low) so it must have been lower than that beforehand as I felt terrible -  breathless, dizzy and really confused and my tongue has been extremely red and sore.  My hemaglobin is normal though.  I am currently on ferrous fumerate 140mg to get my iron up.  Not sure whether the odd throat feeling has been related to my iron deficiency, but perhaps it has been. It was a very peculiar and annoying feeling!  I still have it, but to a lesser extent. 

• Posted

Yes I did! The reason I originally went to the drs and found out I had anaemia.

Cleared after few weeks on the supplements. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.