Confused and needing help with symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so everyday mostly when I stand up I feel a tightness in chest and throat. I get breathless shakey and sometimes my heart rate goes up. Basically laying down helps. I've been told I have Svt but I think I should be able to stand and not be short of breath 24/7 I keep getting told anxiety. But still why can't I stand for longer than 5 minutes?? I'm scared they have missed something but ct scan is fine. Having scope soon. Does anyone else have these symptoms??? Freaking out

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah I have those symptoms except I can breathe. Just the tightness in the chest. I do have wpw syndrome as well and I have noticed when I get really anxious or afraid my heart rate spikes up. I think it's most likely your anxiety. Try to distract yourself. Do you take any beta blockers, blockers could also cause side effects like that too. Try not to worry too much. I feel tired most of time now since I've had a episode of svt.

• Posted

Doesn't sound like SVT to me, Shelley.  Hopfefully, you'll soon hear some encouraging medical news.  Your anxious response sounds very normal to me.  Those symptoms would frighten most people, but there are many possible triggers for them, and many of those would not be ominous at all.  Please be kind to yourself, insist on good medical care, and let us know what you learn.  I wish you well.

• Posted

Thank you for your words it's hard to stay positive when your world has been turned upside down. I will try not to think the worst. I'll share whatever I learn.

• Posted

I'm looking forward to hearing encoraging news from you, Shelley.  I'm confident you'll do very well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.