Epidural Puncture Headache

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an epidural placed for labor on 10/27, it was not successful and was replaced about an hour later, he told me immediately he had done a "wet tap" and I would most likely experience a "headache" (yeah right, so much more) It started around 2-3 days after birth, I had a blood patch around 2 weeks after, which helped for about 2 days, and then symptoms returned. It will be 6 weeks almost and now I am able to be up more, but the symptoms are still lingering, back & neck pain, headaches when I bend over, numbness in the scalp when vertical. I feel totally normal laying down. It's been so hard having a newborn and 2 small children to care for, I'm losing hope I will ever be okay again! I go in for my 6 week postpartum check up in a few day and I am wondering about asking for a 2nd blood patch, but I'm so scared of them sticking me again, but I'm so ready to be myself again.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Anyone go through this? Im desperate
  • Posted

How are U now? I'm 11 weeks post natal

Had spinal headache but t fused blood patch due to risks

I'm dizzy everyday and they said they can still do the blood patch but I'm so scared

• Edited

hi

i am facing the same issue for past 4 weeks after my epidural and a blood patch..did you got recovered? kindly reply. i am desperate

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.