New To Prostatitis

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm new to Prostatitis but what I have been going through is terrible. I have always (for the past 10 years) have had issues with my penis...Mostly comes after a huge ejaculation. Normally I am sore for several days for no real reason, most times I think something like an STD but all my test results always come back negative. Now my prostate has been hurting so I feel like my problem has gotten worse. I went to the urologist and they said my prosate felt "mushy". I was diagnosed with Prostatitis not sure which kind. I started taking Cipro for 30 days and after about day 20 my symptoms went away. A few weeks later right back to feeling like I have been kicked in the testicles every day and my prostate feels a tad sore like sitting on a golf ball. I am now on Doxxy something but only for a week as I await my next appointment. I just don't know what to do about this as my discomfort level in my testicles is at an 8 out of 10 everyday. To make it worse I feel fatigued which is a sympton I didn't see people stating they had. I feel tired a lot and no energy...Any advice words would be great. It seems like there is still a lot uknown about Prostatitis. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Do you also have frequent urination? I still do not know whether I have prostatitis or not. One Uro said I have it and prescribed me with Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg twice a day for a month. Another Uro I went to told me I don't have prostatitis.

I had passed a stone through urine in august. The second uro is of the opinion that the mild burning sensations I occasionally feel maybe due to passing the renal calculi. He has ruled out prostatitis.

I have no other symptoms like abdominal pain, frequent urination or fever. I was told by the first uro that Doxycycline will make you feel tired. It could be that your fatigue may be due to Doxycycline.

What is your age btw? I am 36

• Posted

Sorry for my delay in responding. I do have the urge to urinate a lot but not always actually have a lot of urine come out. I am still having all the pain it comes in waves though. I was good for several months after this post but now I'm in week 3 of the flare up sad

• Posted

Your pelvic area muscles can go through a traumatic period during prolonged inflammtion, Exercising the pelvic area is critical in the upkeep of a normal / functioning groin area.

See my previous post.

• Posted

there are other conditions like Epididymitis that can cause testicle pain at the same time as prostatitis.
    • Posted

I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow and I will see if it has morphed into this. Is it something that can be checked for? 

• Posted

Hi NewKid,

If your test results have always been negative then it would be nonbacterial prostatitis. I assume you're seeing a uroloigst and not a GP? Have you reported your testical pain to the doctor? As suggested, things could have morphed into epidymitis although that usually involves only one testical.  In any event, report the pain because your doc might want to run another culture as the possibility exists that the culture this time could be positive, and if so, it would be important to know if the bacteria is suspecible to the Doxy.

Jim

• Posted

Yeah I've been seeing a urologist. I just assumed since the prostate was related to the testicles and the penis if one hurts they all hurt but I'm going to find out tomorrow when I go back to the doctor. 

• Posted

Yeah, youve just written a textbook description of what I've gone through for the last two years. Have you ever tested positive for a STD? I had Chlamydia once around the begining of the troubles but despite passing every test since (probably a dozen times since my first urologist visit) I havent felt any change in the condition. Doxycyline cleared me up on that one occassion after the previous treatment of Azithromycin did nothing.

• Posted

Hello newkidonthebloc , do not do surgery!!!! I just hate it when your doctor ( the one you trust) wants that dollar. I'm 51yrs old had a PAE in Lisbon Portugal you can see what I wrote on my forum and the meds that your taking will only give you terrible side effects ( READ THEM ). I had a large postrate 162cc and psa 6-8 and not doing well and had to stop drinking liquids at 7 pm or I would be up 3-5 times peeing. After the procedure I SLEEP, I feel no pressure, I empty my bladder, I have an errection like in my teens, I take no medicine, I feel great!!!! All the procedures that are recommended by uroligist are painful. I got up and walked out of the hospital with a bandade on my leg and was siteseeing next day . Read about PAE and I promise you want be sorry, I just wished I had done it sooner.YOU WILL BE THE NEW KID ON THE BLOCK WITH YOUR WIFE smile 

• Posted

A great first test to determine the type is just a semen culture. Ask your urologist for a prescription for one and bring it to lab corp. It can't detect all bacteria, but it can identify bacterial. -- Hope you feel better. 

• Posted

Use CBD oil to deal with Prostatitis. You think these pills are going to cure you? they make you worse. Suffered all last year from CPPS, worst experience of my life. Still have it. I take a full spectrum CBD pill everyday and it works to give me my life back. If you are in a state with medical, try a 20:1 CBD to THC ratio for best results. Stop taking every pill and just eat healthy and take your cbd. Taking all those synthetic antibiotics and drugs is not going to heal only make worse in most cases unless its bacterial. If its non bacterial, CBD, exercise, meditation, will bring you back to square 1 if youre suffering from CPPS and Chronic Prostatitis. Its all mental and once you realize that you start to win the battle against this s****y ailment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.