Please help! I'm so scared *pics included*

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently noticed I have been getting blackheads on my ears, but the thing that scared me most are the pimple like on them that seems to be getting worse. They ate deep on the skin and I tried using seabreeze on them. Please help. Should I be alarmed???

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/146909114@N06/31081441690/

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Definitely not!!! The ear can be an oily place and getting some deep pimples is not unusual. The ears often attract blind pimples which are even more painful. Just treat them like you would any pimple. When they pop the pressure and pain will be released. It's not a sign of anything to worry about!!

• Posted

Thank you so much for the assurance!!
    • Posted

Hi Jen, I am an audiologist and all I do every day is look at ears. Yours is a very normal but sore looking ear. Just use pimple cream but wash your ears with soap daily to remove some of the oil that is clogging up those pores xx
    • Posted

Hello, I'm sorry to bother you but just an update. I always clean it with regular scented soap and not use anything else on it. Does it look better or is it getting worse? The surrounding of the red deep pimple-like is kind of red. 

• Posted

That sounds good. Personally I would try and pop it to get the puss out, but I like popping pimples because I never had any when I was younger!!! My daughter had one like that and it was very deep. Once it had been popped she said it felt better. It left a bit of a hole in her ear which got another pimple but once we had squeezed that one it never came back smile

• Posted

It looks as though it is getting better but they can take a while without any antibiotics. It probably is quite deep so i would advise you to keep washing it daily and keeping it dry.   Can you have a word with a pharmacist,who can take a look and give you some advice?  
  • Posted

Here are some pictures.
  • Posted

Spots like yours in the ears are quite common . Dont keep feeling them or picking - at anything. Ollizzieo has given you excellent advice.  The only thing I would add is that if you are constantly getting large inflamed spots in your ears you may need antibiotics from your doctor.
    • Posted

It's actually the first time and was always touching it before I realized what it was. I'm hoping I could do anything to it because I really don't have the money to go to a doctor.

• Posted

Try to get a small lathering cosmetic brush so that you can give your outer ears a thorough wash. A mans shaving brush or a babys small soft hairbrush can be used but you may find something similar. I'm guessing you are not in UK or I could recommend the Body Shop's brush. Make sure that after washing you dry your ears thoroughly,but never put anything inside your ear canal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.