Hi can anyone help me with my probleM

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gaulbladder out two weeks ago they thought i was having a heart attack after 4 days in the hospital and many tests the surgeon came in and said i am taking your gaulbladder out tomorrow morning at 7:30 am 

I have been eating fat free food but it is not working i am in so much pain. my stomache is killing me and i can not take it anymore. i can not eat as i know what is coming if i do any one know what i can do 

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

• Posted

Hi - You need to go back to the hospital now to be checked for any remaining stones in the ducts, or possible infection or bile leak etc. I have not had this surgery yet but I know you should not be in so much pain at this point.

​Best wishes for your recovery.

• Posted

You need to go back to the hospital sooner rather than later.

I had my gallbladder removed in April last year.

You should definitely not be in this much pain now.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

I am alright just need an easy diet that I can live with. something easy as i never read labels and only ate when i was hungry it is not easy i am hungry, and sick of a stomache ache.
  • Posted

Please go back to the hospital, to the emergency room or A & E.  You should not be in so much pain!

Please let us know how you get on!

• Posted

I am not in alot of pain anymoe, just hungry not knowing what to eat everything i eat i get a stomache ache I have never been one to read lables. I need to learn to eat some thing that I will like and it will not make me sick. 
    • Posted

i am feeling better just hungry and if i eat something it gives me a stomache ache. she told me at my doctors if i can eat toast with jelly then do that. i am sick of toast and today it hurt my stomache.
    • Posted

Hi, Terry,

I'm glad that you're feeling better.  It does take time to settle after you've had the surgery. I suggest that you try small frequent meals, and try to avoid fat.  You can try the FODMAP list of foods.  That might help you. It's available on line. 

Sometimes it's difficult to change old habits, but you'll be much better off, and much healthier if you manage to.

• Posted

I am going to go now and check out the Fodmap list of foods thanks i will let you know how i do. how are you doing 
    • Posted

You're welcome.  In time, you'll be able to figure out what you can and can't eat, even some things not on the Fodmap list.

As for me, I had my gallbladder removed and ended up much healthier.  However; I already had bile salt malobsorption.  That's controlled by my diet along with daily medication. I do okay, some days better than others.  But, I am still glad I got rid of the gallbladder!  smile

• Posted

Thank You Lynda, I checked it out. I am so tired of being sick I took menimuscil in water one doctor percribed that and the surgeon wants me to take menamucil not sure which one is better. i just ran to the bathroom 3 times i hate this feeling. i want to eat normal food i always ate and i can not. i am so miserable. it better hurry and get better thanks for listening. i am going to bed. i take tyenol pm to sleep the stomache ache away and start all over in the morning. have a great night. Terry
    • Posted

I wish I could but the bathroom is my best friend now. I hate this, the doctor said my GB was horrible but I want it back anyway. I am really going to try to read. take care
    • Posted

Hi, Terry,

You could have bile salt malobsorption if you have diarreha. There is medication to manage it.  The brand name is Questran, but generically it's cholestyramine.  If you have the syndrome, you will have yellow fluid around your stools.  

The doctors are trying to get you to take fiber such as metamucil, to absorb the bile.  

• Posted

Hi, Terry,

You could have bile salt malobsorption.  My reply got moderated, but there is medication for this.  

• Posted

Hi Lynda, I had such a long busy day today. i had coffee this morning an apple later and came home and boiled potatos in broth and had that wirh 

98 percent turkey from the deli. I felt good when i ate it and now i feel horrible my back and stomache are both huerting me. when will it stop. i am so scared to eat. i am exhausted and just want it all to go away. I hope you are doing alright. 

• Posted

hi Lynda,

do you know which is better my sugeon told me to take  metamucil and my primry are doctor told me not to take that to take marilax   i am having coffee and scared to eat.. I took tynelo pm to get some sleep and stop thinging of the pain. 

• Posted

Hi, Terry, 

Please read my reply that got moderated, up above.  Do you have yellow fluid around your stools?  If you do, it's bile.  Your intestines are irritated by it, which is why you're having the diarreha.  Stay away from coffee.  The mashed potatoes were fine, but turkey at the deli probably had a lot of salt in it, which is why it made you ill.  Drink tea and water.  Try eating rice with chicken broth and canned white meat chicken.  You could try enteric coated peppermint capsules, which will help with the cramping.  

You do not need Miralax, it's a laxative!  But there are medications you can take, as I said in my post above.  You can try the FODMAP foods.  

I can understand your frustration, but this is a process of discipline.  You won't improve if you keep trying to eat what you used to eat and let your feelings of fear govern you.

You have gone through a surgical procedure and your digestive system is trying to adjust.  I think a more consistent approach would be more helpful to your body and to your emotions.

Please try to take it easy!  xx

• Posted

Lynda this is what it said 

This comment is waiting to moderated   WHY 

what was all that i am knew on here and when they said why i did not know what that was about 

• Posted

They will look over replies if you use a brand name in a post for a specific product, the reply I sent you a day ago used the brand name of a medication for bile salt malobsorption in it.  And, so did my reply about 10 hours ago.  I meant to tell you that the fiber supplement can be used to absorb bile, but the other one, ending in "lax" is a laxative and I don't think you need one.  You have diarreha, after all.  

Hope this gets to you...

• Posted

ok I am glad that is all it was. I thought you went off line. 
    • Posted

Hi Lynda,

I got new meds that i am suppose to take 4 times aday before meals. i do not eat that many meals. i really do not eat. I do not have that yellow around my stool. the medicine they gave me is IC SHOLESTYRAMINE PACET. I will try it is the am as i am tired i need rest. i had another appt

today and just got home a little while ago I am in pain from my knee surgerys. have a good night.

• Posted

Thanks for letting me know!  I hope that the medication works for you!  

Please keep in touch, Terry!

• Posted

Hi Lynda, I could not find you on here I thought you went away. I have been sitting here holding my stomache for over two hours. I had a can of chicken noodle oup with crackers and water. I am in so much discomfort I can not take that sand med i tried it two times,. I hate this and can not go on like this. i would rather not eat anything then go through this. How are you doing 
    • Posted

Hi Terry,

I am sorry to learn that you're not feeling better.  I take the same medication, but I mix it in a small bottle with three ounces of orange juice and three ounces of water.  Is that what you were told to do?  

I am doing okay.  Not much sleep last night, but that happens often.  xx

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

Have you been taking it long and will you need to always take it? so you do not taste it in the oj maybe i will try it again that way. they told me to take it in water 4x a day. have you been taking it long. 

• Posted

Hi Terry,

I've been taking it since 2009, so a long time.  I will probably always need to take it. I mix it in 1/2 water and 1/2 oj, so the taste is masked. I also mix it in 1/2 water and 1/2 papaya juice or 1/2 apple cider. I like the papaya juice best, because it is slightly grainy anyway and masks the texture of the medication.  But I take it at bed time, and that seems to work most days for me.  

If you are taking any other medication, you need to take the medicine one hour afterwards, because  the medicine binds everything to it, and renders it ineffective.  So if you don't take the other meds first, you will need to take them 4 hours after you take your drink.  Does that make sense?

Sometimes, I would get it in the manufacturer's box, and the box would say that one could also mix it with applesauce....

Another way to get it down is to drink half of the mixture, slowly, have one or two sips of water, and then wait 6-10 minutes and then drink the rest.  

Hope this helps, Terry.  xx

• Posted

Hi Lynda, 

Thank You for the information. I will try anything. i bought oj today so i can try that. I am so tired and fallig asleep sitting here writing to you i better make my salad as i need to wake up. it is going to be 50 degress lower than it was today. where are you anyway. is everyoe from Ma? have a good night. ttyl 

• Posted

Hi Terry,

I hope it works for you!  Supposed to get lots cooler where I live, too, in the SW United States.  I'm not sure what you meant by "Ma." Did you mean somewhere in the US?  

I think that there are people from all over the world writing in to this site.  I know of people from Hong Kong, Australia and of course, Britain.  Pretty amazing!

Hope you sleep well!

• Posted

lol   Ma is Massachusettes in marlborough ma   where is SW at
    • Posted

wow you are in New Mexico, My Son was there a couple of months ago. I wish I were there. It must be really nice. The closest I was it was when I was in Guatamala 
    • Posted

Hi, Terry,

New Mexico is in the US, between Texas and Arizona..lots of people think it's in Mexico, though.  smile

• Posted

it must be nice there. I am going to read my book fall asleep i have an early appt an hour away to go to. for my 2 wee post op on my knee. i hope he can tell me why i am so much pain with my leg and can hardly walk. a lady in the grocery store ask me what my name was and said she was going to pray for me as she could see how much pain i was in but you got to do what you have to do. i will talk to you tomorrow. i hope all is good with you.  night 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.