anal fissures

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi

? i am going in hospital friday i have two anal fissure having botox has anybody had this done. also  has anyone had abscesses or fistulas has i have suffered now for a couple of years and feel like my problems are ever ending

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Saeah,

​Yes i have had the operation dont worry they will look after you, it was last July

you will be in Hospital all day.as you will be under General Anaesthetic.

​I was told by my Consultant that i would be pain free for 3 months they use Botox as its a filler .They cannot stitch the Fissure because of the blood flow so whence using Botox as its a filler.

​I was pain free for that time which im sure we all know that is such a relief, i have had a few set backs. But you need to change your eating habits.

1. Breakfast  Yoghurt and Fruit.

​2. Lunch maybe a Sandwhich.

​3. Dinner just half the quantity that you used to eat.

​4. Try and do a lot more walking.

​I was told by my Consultant that if the pain returns carry on using my ointment which is called RECTOGESIC, which i have to use sometimes.

​Also i found a hot ( not to hot ) bubble bath releives the pain if it gets to painful.

​Im sure it will go well for you, please tell me how you are after its all over.

​Clive  ( Birmingham ) UK

• Posted

Thank you for replying I will let u no how I get on. I had to go a&e in October with an abscess thats when they said I had the two fissures they give me diltiazem hydrochloride cream to use this has not helped me I have lost one and half stone because I just don't want to eat I spend my life in the bath on Friday they are going to have a look with a camera so hopefully find out what is up . I go to the toilet once maybe twice a week if I am lucky I am not constipated and seem to be on the toilet for ever and very sore after also I have night sweat not all the time I have had 3. Abscess this year. Have u had any ?

• Posted

I had Botox two weeks ago and I am thinking they didn't give me enough. As I have not had the same results as my sister had.

Or perhaps it just isn't working for me.

Good luck. X

• Posted

Thank you for reply sorry to hear it's not worked. Could I ask was it very painful going to the toilet after x

• Posted

Hi Again Saeah,

Thank you for your reply please dont worry as i mentioned the hospital will look after you.

​Before the operation like many of us i was in agony but after my operation i only have the occasional set back. i have very many many pain free days.

​As i mentioned my Consultants parting words were to me if the pain comes back carry on using the ointment,it certaainly helps with the pain within 10 minutes, its gone.

​Please dont give up eating just be very careful what you eat.

​Please keep in touch with me,as then we can exchange oue views.

​Clive (  Birmingham } UK

i guess we have to chage our life style, but please do not stop eating.

​i suppose you have to change your whjole life style

• Posted

Hi Again Saeah,

​Please excuse the last 2 lines with my reply, ive just started using Windows 10.

Clive

• Posted

I was having some "skin tags" fairly large excesses of skin that had formed following anal hemeroidectomy years ago.

And also from anal fissures.

Yes it was sore. The spasms being the worst,& what does cause the pain sometimes for hours afterwards

I was not provided appropriate pain relief in hospital so that contributed to it being a bad experience

I'm on week 3 recovering from an infection. Still bleeding and sore.

I hope yours will NOT be as difficult.

• Posted

Hi I'm Sandra, I was indeed suffering with extreme unbearable anal fissures which resulted in theses skin tags.

Unfortunately my hospital experience was very poor.

They had no clue how much pain I was in.your experience was obviously better.

I am merely giving my account.

We are all individuals and therefore all have unique experiences.

I wish everyone going through this a speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.