Possible advanced prostate cancer?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys. I haven't been diagnosed with prostate cancer but I'm in agony and in need of some direction. 

My backstory: I'm 37 years old and I've had prostatitis since I was 18. I've read from multiple sources that prostatitis leads to increased risk of cancer

For the last year I've had pain, a burning sensation and frequent urination but the last 6 weeks has been much worse. After sexual intercourse my prostate and left testicle are in throbbing pain for days. It burns terribly when I urinate as well. The worst symptom is chronic everyday pain in my left rear that shoots down my leg. All my pain is on the left side (prostate, testicle, rear and leg). At first the pain in my leg would come and go but now it's constant and it's terrible to live with. 

I had a psa test and two DRE's. My family doctor didn't tell me what my PSA score was but they said it was normal, although I hear a lot of controversy about what normal is. DRE was normal but tender. 

Is it possible this could be advanced pca that has spread to by bones? I'm in agony everdy day. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Pain in rear and down leg sounds more like sciatica
  • Posted

Hootie, to get a handle on what is going on you might consider finding the best urologist you can and get in to see him or her. Once you know what you're facing, you can make a plan to deal with it.  That's the only way you will be able to get some peace of mind.  I've been right where yoyu are.  All the best!

• Posted

I suggest you see a Urologist as soon as possible. You may have a case that your family doctor is not up to date on PCA issues and problems. You need to understand your numbers and not leave it up to your doctor saying it is normal.
  • Posted

I agree with David and Gale. Go see a urologist asap. You could have a urological problem or something altogether different.

Best to firsr rule urologit IN or OUT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.