Solpadine withdraws

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all be off the codeine now for 14 days ,I was talking 8 tablets a day ,but I'm in a bad way my head is just funny and my ears are rings bad .Does anyone no if this is withdrawal of tablet . Can you tell me the dr I'm under said I can take solpadine if I need them but I'm think it may be doing my head in .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

bloody brilliant news firstly, second I am afraid that yes it is an extremely strong possibility, I am sure that you were not told it will take 6-9months for your body to flush out all the chemicals you have been ingesting, through no fault of your own I hasten to add, what works for me is plain old ibuprofen, just 2 in the morning and evening if required, non addictive...

Hope this helps, good luck!

• Posted

Hiya ..I also was taking 8 a day for 10 yrs...came off them July this year ..not easy...had your symptoms...also agitated..couldn't sleep ...I didn't take anything else as I though I was only substituting them...if you need to chat to anyone anytime ..I am here .....Anne

• Posted

Hi Teresa

Try not to worry. Even though this is unpleasant it will ease off in time. Everyone is different.

The worst time for withdrawal signs and symptoms of opiates is between  3 to five days but it can vary with the individual.

​Magnesium orally and in the form of baths can help with the withdrawal by relaxing the muscles.

The body is returning to normal . Ignore the psychological side which is calling out to give your body more poison .

If you google codeine /opiate withdrawal signs and symptoms this will give you a full understanding as to what is happening with your body physically and emotionally due to these opiates.

Brufen can cause serious stomach upsets so I would be very cautious in fact I personally would not take it.

I would persevere with abstaining from Solpadeine. However if you take any then it will lengthen the withdrawal.

Having got his far I personally would be reluctanct to take anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.