Unsuccessful cataract op.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have bad headache and my focusing is blurry, it is six weeks after my surgery. My vision is blurry with and without glasses, I wonder if I can have the op redone, . worried..

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ricky, are you going back to either whoever did the surgery or your GP, sometimes an optician can help but you have to speak to one of the three.

Please let us know the result and I hope everything is going to be OK.

Regards

Agnes

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

In you shoe size 

my surgeon put a distance monocular first without ec

Explaining to me I would loose near and intermediate vision 

i could not even read the time in my phone forget n

being at the computer for anything without readers

unfortunately she operated in my dominant eye and they can get my other (left) eye to see near after multiple hard contacts etc , I could also not tolerate reverse vision 

I am scared had second surgery 10 days ago my vision is worse than before the initial surgery

I have recovered intermediate vision but is all blurred and nothing is nit if I can't drive or be spectacle free and even with glasses I do not see sharp 

I am typing using readers ,tried driving this am and felt like crying 

forget reading my iPhone I am using the iPad now 

I now have the symphony Toric as I also had astigmatism

my surgeon blames my brain as I had strabismus as a child 

went to a second opinion before the inteaocular exchange to symphony but he was afraid ( world renown surgeon in Boston ) of surgical complications so went back to my surgeon 

please if someone can help me understand my options now 

lasik . Exchange ? To what 

I have also developed a post cataract surgery posterior opacity and will need tag in few weeks as I was told , will this make a difference ? 

I am only 48 and very scared 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would say you don't need to go to another surgeon yet before first finding out what this one says the problem is.  I assume when you say your vision is blurry even with glasses, you mean a current prescription they've given you after your surgery, rather than an old one that would be the wrong power now after surgery?  A doctor would need to tell you if there some sort of complication from the surgery like an infection or unresolved welling. Although PCO, Posterior Capsular Opacification, is an issue that usually takes time to appear, occasionally it can appear right after surgery and cause cloudy vision (similar to the way a cataract does) and its something they can easily treat with a few minute laser procedure in the office. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up