I hate doctors

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm so p*ssed at my doctor. So I went to and I exaplaned to my doctor that I fill really horrible. I have been very good at taking my LEVOTHYROXINE SODIUM (175MCG)

First thing am, on empty stomic, i've been following all recommendations for at least six months now, she told me we would try armor. But now not only does a stranger called me to inform me that they're going to increase the Levo, I had exsplaned to her that I have never taken any thing else beside the Levo. She also said my vitamin D was low so I'm taking 5000 units of that now. And she didn't post my results from my lab work on my email like she told me she would. I'm so up set what can u do. I through with it and demand an appointment so I go in on Thursday. But the appointments not gonna be with her today to be with somebody else on her care team I have Medicaid so I don't have insurance . Anyone please help me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I got fed up with all the nonsense. The side effects of the levo only get worse as you increase the dose.

i know it's hard to pay for your own meds. But honestly, on the thousands of notes posted on this site, I've seen only one person who feels the levo works, and she found it didn't work alone, but with another med.

i can tell you from personal experience the levo didn't work for me at any dose.  The levo actually worsened my hypo symptoms and caused my cyst to grow dramatically. The levo didn't work for my mom, she's had her thyroid  removed.

I tried a bunch of stuff. Currently, I'm getting good results from amino acid therapy. My mom is on ThyroGold, it showed improvement within a couple days for her, and she's on a much lower dose than expected.

I don't waste my t

• Posted

... Continued....

i don't waste my time with what's supposed to work. I try things until I find something that DOES work. It's that simple. If you observe it isn't working in your body, use the resources available to you to find something that does. You can find the information you need to turn your health around.

• Posted

Rachael,

I take Vitamin D too, and calcium...

if she changes you to Armour's Thyroid remember that Armour's contains both T3 and T4. But you also wrote about a Levo increase...

I will help you through...hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.