Surgery :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone

So am going for surgery to remove tumor on my left ovary and also appendix on monday dec 12.., am so scared to go thru all this again in juss 2 years..

Right ovary and tube removed due to 20cm cyst in june 2014 and now going for left ovary..

My dr says will do laproscopy and if they can they will try to save as much ovary they can else again..and also said if laproscopy not good they gonna open me again... I am only 35 and were planning for baby when they found this another..last year my baby was born sleeping , feel so unfortunate that every year i am going thru all this...

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

OMG you poor woman my heart goes out to you and your family no one should have to go through a loss of a child.

I would seriously consider speaking to your doctor about freezing you eggs I think it's a must in your situation.

I can only wish you all the best in your surgery and hope they don't have to remove any part of your ovary.

• Posted

My heart goes out to you and your family i would definately speak to your doctor about freezing your eggs in this situation

I hope everything goes well for you.xx

• Posted

So sorry you are going through this. I too, lost an ovary to a dermoid cyst 6 years ago.

I now have a smaller one on my remaining ovary.

We were ttc and lost our third daughter at 22 week this August..now I am starting over.

I have an appointment with an RE to discuss if I should have surgery now, or try to get pregnant first since my cycle is regular and ovary is still functioning.

How large is your cyst?

• Posted

Thanks everyone

Please keep me jn your prayers tomorrow.. i am so scared of this surgery...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.