Not sure if it's herpes and can't currently get tested :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys so I'm really looking for some help as I think I may be having my first herpes outbreak but not sure.

So I've been having a weird smelling discharge for about 8 months now, I first got it after a one night stand but it went away quick enough. I then seemed to get it only after having sex resulting with semen inside me. I took over the counter BV medication which cleared it up completely until about 3 days ago. I have had none stop white/yellow discharge but there is no smell.

Then all of a sudden today I have noticed about 7 spots which do look like blisters that have formed mainly at the top of my vaginal lips going down but not anywhere near my clit or entrance to the vagina.

They arent painful at all and i haven't had any other symptoms such as painful urination.

Does this sound like herpes?

Please help I'm currently backpacking around Asia and can't tell my friends or go to the doctors.

sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Herpes usually causes a watery discharge, if any at all. Could it be yeast? Does it itch?
    • Posted

Thanks for replying.

Only a slight itch barely noticable.

I've just been for a shower and washed myself normally and there's no pain what so ever.

I don't know what it could be if it's not painful and only really on my vulva?

Any ideas?

They seemed to have appeared in the space of a day

• Posted

The fact they developed so quickly seems to rule out most things. Could it be a rash of some kind, since you're backpacking in Asia?

• Posted

Possibly could be.

I was really hot in the hostel last night and was a bit sweaty and itchy down below.

I'm just so scared as it really looks like herpes blisters from what I've looked up and the on and off discharge has been in the back of my mind for a while. The blisters also aren't really in clusters more just seperate spots on my vulva.

I'm trying to look up getting tested here but it's quite hard because of the language barrier and I can't bring myself to tell my friends.

If it is herpes what should I be expecting in the next few days?

Thanks so much for your help.

• Posted

Herpes need not be clustered, just fyi. If they are indeed herpes blisters, you would expect them to burst and ulcerate in a couple to a few days. When ulcerated, they typically look like oral canker sores and tend to sting to the touch. Eventually they scab over and heal. I'm not sure that this is herpes, however, as the ongoing discharge problem seems indicative of something else, assuming the two are related. Anyway, that's what you would typically expect of an outbreak.

• Posted

Thanks so it's been about 24 hours now since i felt the itching last night which I assumed was because the dorm was so hot and I was sweating like mad.

I can't stop looking at the spots as im freaking out so much.

One seems to look like it is weeping now. I'm pretty sure it's herpes and emailing a few hospitals hoping to be able to find an English speaking doctor to take a look.

Do you think 24 hours is too soon for blisters to form and start to weep? Still with no pain?

I'm literally going out of my mind.

You are such a life saver x

• Posted

They can burst sooner, if somewhere where they get rubbed. On mucosal skin, they can seemingly skip the blistering phase entirely and appear as ulcers. First outbreaks usually (but not always) occur within a week of infection. Just curious, and excuse me for asking, but have you had sex or received oral recently? Also, which country are you in, if you don't mind saying?

• Posted

Yes i have had unprotected sex with 2 one night stands in the last few weeks.

I'm currently in Taiwan.

I had sex with someone in march and that's when I first got the discharge. Since then I've had the odd tingling down there but always passed it off as a mild yeast infection as I've had quite alot of those in the past.

Since the person i slept with in march it's always been in the back of my head that I have had herpes but there was never actually an outbreak so i just kept trying to ignore it.

I feel so stupid. I'm just dreading the next few weeks if it's going to be ridiculously painful and have to explain to my friends why I can't do anything.

• Posted

I'm wondering if it's possibly not connected to the obvious (the encounter in March that caused the discharge), but to one of the more recent encounters, say from a week or two ago. In any case, the pain is not always unbearable. It depends on if this is herpes, which type, and how it affects you. Taiwan is pretty developed, so that's good. You should be able to find an international health clinic. If you do and you go, ask to have it swab tested for herpes and typed (best to do that asap, while the lesions are still fairly new).

• Posted

P.S. And be sure to use condoms from now on, whether herpes or not. For your own good!
    • Posted

Managed to get to the hospital this morning and got checked out. He said there were no signs of diesese or infection and that it was just irritated skin so feeling very relieved! Got some antibiotics and cream to help.

Thanks for all your help smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.