Toe and Foot Numbness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok you guys this can't be good. I'm 4 months post-op Achilles surgery and I still have a significant amount of numbness in the ball of the foot and all toes. This makes it difficult to walk without a limp. Anyone experiencing this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Actually, yes. I am also 4 months post op and still having some numbness around the ankle and down to the two small toes. It has improved over the last few weeks, but at the heel I also have some puffiness from the suture anchors, and those spots get irritated. My physical therapist says this is within the normal range, and the numbness is related to the residual swelling. Ice still helps a bit.  I don't know how long it will take for this to disappear completely. Very annoying and frustrating...

• Posted

I'm two months post op and feel some numbing in my toes.  It has slowly gotten better though, but sometimes I really feel it at night.

• Posted

Anyone having ankle swelling?  Mine is pitting edema.
    • Posted

Yes to that as well. I would say my pitting edema around the ankle is pretty mild because the depression is slight and the rebound is pretty quick. It is WAY better than it was a few weeks ago, but it is not gone. 
  • Posted

some numbness is normal...probably took me closer to a year before sensation returned completely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.