advice on pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi again everyone i wondered if i could get some adsvice on the pain im getting i had key hole surgery 9 days ago now and today im in a lot of discomfort in my upper belly area is this just gas?  my belly button stich seems to be very sore and seems to pull every time i move . thankyou  Paula x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula,

I had abdominal surgery 14 days ago and the nurses did warn me that lots of peope suffer with lots of gas for a while after the op. They didnt offer a solution. I had it for the first week - it was very uncomfortable and painful.

Also I'm very sore around my belly button too - just to even touch it hurts and keeps me awake at night.  I suppose something to do with the nerves or muscle being cut.

I dont know what any of it means, i'm just expecting to wake up one of these days and find all is well.

Jx

• Posted

I'm coming up to 4 weeks and still have wind :-( colpermine tablets and peppermint tea really helps! Plus walking a bit every hour or so :-) the nerves are all healing inside and you get some weird pulling, aching spasum pains :-(

It even hurts when wind releases for me good luck hope it eases soon xx

• Posted

Hi, Paula!

I suggest that you give your doctor a call.  You might be overdoing it, but I think that the pain could be an indication of something else.  Your doctor might want to see you, just to check you out.  

I think that the gas should probably be gone by now!

Let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Yes I had alot of pulling around belly I found even after a year I still get he odd twinge but it does go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.