Improved bone density

Posted , 14 users are following.

I got my DXA results today and there was an improvement in my t-scores this year over last year.  Now they aren't recommending drugs therapy any more, and I shouldn't need another scan for three to five years.  My doctor was impressed and asked me how I did it.  I said Vitamin K2 and exercise!  I think I should write up a little paper for her so she has a more complete picture. cool

3 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Don't bother write it for us LOL did you use any meds too ?

• Posted

I'm green with envy - we'll done!

My score after 4 years of exercise, vitamins, minerals AND drugs has improved 12.7%. Spine score now in the range T-4 to-3.5.

I wish I had the confidence to try drug free for a while but if my score improves at this level hope to do that in a couple of years.

Congratulations.

• Posted

I'm sure if you continue to do all the healthy bone things, as well as the meds, you will continue to improve!  Just be careful about how long you take the meds - the possibility of a safe drug holiday (the meds stay in your bones for years) might be a good idea.  Research, and check with your doctor.

• Posted

Thank you. Doc has suggested a drug holiday after a couple of years. First annual infusion on Friday - not looking forward to it - must be positive though - bad reaction after 3 years on denosumab.

Forced smile on lips!!!😆

• Posted

Oh well done Anhaga!!! This is good news for all of us on the 'natural' route.

I think if you have the time, to write up a list of the best supplements, foods and exercise (and anything else) and post it here for the benefit of the regular contributors. That would be fantastic!

I'm not due another scan until October next year but your update gives me real confidence to carry-on with my regimen.

Well done again and Happy Christmas.

Evelyn

• Posted

Hi

Would be interested to know your t scores??

I really wish I had the courage to go down the natural route - I really do admire all those who do.

With my t scores being what they are and seeing my mother in a wheelchair in constant pain ( no osteo drugs available in those days), I decided I needed all the help I could get - hence the vitamins, minerals, 2 to 3 days in the gym and drugs.

I have researched, researched, researched and discussed at length with a number of doctors including family members who are doctors. Who knows it could be all the additional things I am doing and the drugs have nothing to do with my recent improved bone score but I'm far too wary to take that risk - for the moment anyway.

Take care everyone- Happy Christmas.

• Posted

It's a very personal decision and I think at the very least the fact that you are actively involved in improving your bone health means you are giving the bone drugs the best chance to do what they are supposed to do, and not damage you in the process. confused

• Posted

Am so very pleased for you and thank you again for all your helpful research and general advice.

Lizzie smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.