Scared of what to expect

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this and am currently suffering from really bad anxiety because of it all. For the last 6 months on and off I've experienced a need to pee more but some days not notice it as much also a slight pain in left testical and thigh.

The last couple of weeks it as got a lot worse pain in left testical worse and soft if any erections also constant needing to pee.

My gp sent me for a ultra sound of my testicals which was all clear. My second visit to the gp he said I should take bloods for diabetes I asked him to check my prostate he said no as iam only 36.

After explaining my anxiety and that if it's not checked I will be in constant worry he gave me a exam.

He said my prostate was slightly bigger then it should be but nothing sinister and agreed to have my prostate checked in my bloods as well as for diabetes.

I'm 36 and suffer very bad with anxiety now I'm in a panic why have these symptoms got so bad and I feel so drained I just ache.

Reading some of this forum as made me feel a little better I just want to know what's wrong with me and my doctor don't seem to want to help

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

GP's can handle most problems..however ...typically schedule

an appointment with an Urologist...don't worry..it also sounds

like a slight swelling of the prostate causing retention.

Limit eating fried foods...spicy foods etc for now ..Usually

they may recommend an antibiotic for now.

Good Luck leemid

• Posted

Did you try anti-biotics? Maybe an infection in Urinary Tract or Prostate? Try not to worry too much eventually you'll discover or maybe the pain will just disappear - sometimes that happens - we feel pain here and there and it goes away because the body heals itself.

• Posted

go see a urologist see what he has to say if he says you need a procedure get another opinion..your thoughts will drive you nuts it happens to all of us. when yo tackle your problem you will be relieved. hang in there
  • Posted

Uro will answer your questions. I had a ER doc tell me everything was normal. My GP told me prostate was slightly enlarged according to cat scan. Uro did a exam and ultrasound. Said prostate was big for s guy my age. After more tests was told it was huge. Uros exam will tell you what's up and if something minor or major needs to be done. Either way you will have a answer and that's better than not knowing it taking the chance o it getting eorse

• Posted

We're not doctors here, so if I say you probably have a garden variety prostatitis and not to worry that much, take it that this is a non professional opinion.

What you really need to do is see a uroloigst who specializes in these things and let him give you a proper diagnosis and lay out a treatment plan. Has your GP done a urinalysis and possibly a culture? If not, I'd have this done even before your urologist's appointment.

Jim

• Posted

Thanks Jimjames I've only just noticed this. My urine sample showed no infection and PSA showed 0.75 which I have now learned is ok. Will take your advice and request those before my uro appointment thanks again

• Posted

Thanks for your replys my bloods came back PSA was 0.75 is that good? Waiting for urine test to come back feel a bit better today as was expecting the worst. New doctor today said if urine comes back fine will send me to urologist but he didn't seem to worry so much thanks again guys

• Posted

That is considered low risk. If symptons persist, you should ask to see a urologist regardless of urine results.

Jim

• Posted

Thanks Jim will do. After a lot of reading up in this forum I do seem to have a lot of symptoms for prostatitis so will be arranging a appointment with urologist.

I must say this is a great forum just writing my concerns in hear seems to help thanks again guys

• Posted

Lee first of all.  Don't panic.  Alot may have to do with what you eat and drink.  When we get older things change.  40 is the time when the prostate starts to grown. It can be anything.  You may have a INFECTION . What is you nex step.  If you need something and you doctor is not giving you anything.  They are med you can get over the counter. AVO is the product.  Take care  Ken   

• Posted

Hi thanks Kenneth I'm going to look in to avo.

Going toilet has calmed down a lot since my having my PSA score I think I was suffering with bad anxiety. Urine test came back fine just suffering with the groin pain and occasional going to the toilet to much when I'm off work I will try get in to see a urologist

• Posted

Lee and Ken,

Do you mean "Azo" or "avo"? Azo can bring pain relief but is not recommended to be taken for more than two days unless your doc is monitoring you.

Jim

• Posted

Yes Jim  AZO is the product.  I know they have some that may help until he get to a urologist  Ken
    • Posted

Never used or even heard of AZO when I really needed it. Guess my urologist just liked to see me suffer! That said, AZO only masks symptons, so you have to be very careful only to use it for a day or so unless your doc tells you otherwise.

Jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.