Why do they always run out of stock of the tablet I'm on?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Why do the manufacturers always run out of the HRT tablet I'm on? It's most frustrating . It's the only one that suits me. Each time they run out the pharmacy gives me an alternative but I love my Premique. Why don't they just manufacture more??? !!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes that happened to me as I had to go back a few days later for the rest as they didn't have enough in stock

• Posted

I had the same thing happening with Estradot patches a year or so ago.  I was told by my pharmacist that supplies from the manufacturers was fine but UK wholesalers were selling most of their stock to overseas buyers - it wasn't being made available to UK pharmacies.

I contacted the manufacturers of Estradot and they confirmed that there were no production problems at all.

However, the manufacturers do keep a small supply on hand though.  I arranged with the manufacturers that my local pharmacy would call them up (they might have a particular number for the pharmacy to call), confirm that I had a valid prescription and the manufacturer would release stock directly to the pharmacy to fulfil my prescription...

Bit of a long way around, but it meant I didn't run out of the only HRT that worked for me at the time.

Maybe this is happening with your HRT?

I'd suggest giving the makers a call, explaining that their product is the only one you can use and ask if they can supply the pharmacy direct.

Good luck! smile

• Posted

Call company the more of us that do will hopefully bring them back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.