Starting lexapro today 10mg.. not sure if this was a right decision

Posted , 4 users are following.

So today I went to dr for a sick visit but decided to mention my anxiety over the past month. I've always had issues with anxiety runs in the family. But when you add a ton more stressors it effects me horribly. I freak out. I get super irritated.. angry.. then after that subsides depressed. I have always pulled myself out. But I rather not deal with the ordeal. So I asked for something to take on occasion. Dr suggested everyday dose of Lexapro. Any suggestions ??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I take it for anxiety and depression and highly recommend it especially for anxiety and it started working almost straight away, I have 15mg now but started on 5mg then 10mg after a month and 15mg two months after that. Get well soon
  • Posted

i am on 10 mg now on my 5th week and i feel al9t better now but i am atill having up and down days. like now i feel down but hoping tommow is better and i talk to my doctor Tuesday i mau go up to 15mg. i hear its the best dose but lets see and i hope you feel better i know this sucks but we must fight for all of us going thru this
  • Posted

Day 3 on lexapro.. and I was totally spaced out all day. Hope this changes because I don't like that feeling. Family noticed it also

• Posted

I've decided today to stop taking this medication. I think it's actually making my anxiety worse. I have total lose of motivation.. and while I'm still aware of this I'm going to make the decision to stop.

• Posted

Hi! Just wondering how you made out with your escitalopram? I am 3 weeks in and have felt terrible since starting it...having so many side effects. I am thinking I will start weaning off now as just hate feeling this poorly. Did you stop yours? How long had you been on and did you wean off or stop cold turkey? I was on this a couple years ago at same dose and didn't have any side effects. This is so much different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.