hands developed fine tremor...a drug side effect or PMR?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced or have an explanation?  I notice most when painting, sewing etc   Has been gradually getting worse over last 2/12

PMR since feb 2016.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare,

Yes I have noticed the same tremor in my hands since beginning the prednisone when first diagnosed last Feb.just like you. Not quite as bad now that I'm down to 10 mil per day but never the less still there so assuming it's from the meds. Hasn't gotten any worse so I'm waiting to see how long it remains or if it gets worse.

Sharon

• Posted

Thanks to all for your replies. just one of those things I guess...Oh B...!

I'll post if I find out. hope yours improves

• Posted

It's funny because I just asked this question about a month ago when my tremors started. Isn't it great that we have this group to bounce things off of.

• Posted

Yes, I think it's initially caused by Pred, although mine is now a stronger tremor. I am getting used to breaking things, mugs, plates and glasses and I now buy replacements from charity shops!

I also have to remember that I am a good deal older now and I know that my mother had this in her later years too, so maybe I would have had it anyway?  Who knows.. 

• Posted

Possibly a familial tremor which runs in families and many older folks experience it, including my husband (who is athletic and in great shape).  His older sister has it.  Elinor
  • Posted

Me too, but I didn't even think of it being related until I saw your post.  I'll have to ask my rheumy.  Maybe it's the predinisone, sometimes it makes me feel pretty stimulated like I'm on a diet pill or something.  I take 20mg and have for three weeks now.

• Posted

Not a tremor so much as an inability to control hand as finely as I used to.  Examples: playing Scrabble, hubby places tiles a bit messily.  I used to be able  to straighten them up beautifully.  Now I make matters worse.  Also my wonted beautiful handwriting (if I do say so myself) has disintegrated to an unhappy scrawl, and I can no longer control artist tools as I'd like to.  Aging I guess, speeded up by pred.  

• Posted

I think it does improve again - my handwriting was awful for some time - it is far better now.
    • Posted

I hope you're right.  I feel so clumsy!  

• Posted

Can't cope with fine sewing needles though...

• Posted

Oh that's a relief...in the mean time, there's probably another vitamin I should be buying !!

• Posted

B vitamins.  But I take them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.