I've been depressed for over 3 years, do I really need help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So.. Hi everyone. I'm 18 (male) and as the title says I've been depressed for over 3 years. Yeah, The high school is psychologically hard. 

I'm not being bullied.

Never had a girlfriend or a near person with whom to speak to. 

I do have friends, if we can call them this way..

I sometimes hang out with them, when my parents give me money, just to get drunk.

I usually feel a complete failure and especially useless.

I often think of suicide, like daily.. 

These years have thaught me some things, the most important of them is that I do not really like people in general. I can't stand them and their habits, sometimes neither my parents. I really like to stay alone thinking about me and my future, I'm anxious about my future.

Maybe I'm a narcissist or maybe not..

I thought to book a visit with the school psychologist, many times, but I never actually went to ask for one.

I don't consider myself as "ugly" or a "weirdo"..  I think I'm good looking.

Girls stop talking when I pass near, don't know if they like me or not.

But I don't really care, I ignore them and keep walking minding my own business.

Sometimes I think I'm asexual.

The things that make me feel a bit 'useful' are usually marks, just for a moment until I realize That they really don't say or mean much ..

I love music, R&B (today's), metal and some rap.

Maybe I went a bit off topic.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel quite similar to you in some parts that you mentioned. Particular the part you mentioned you find a strong dislike towards people. I also try to find the positivity in people but they always find a way to make themselves presented negative in some sort of way. I think I am severely depressed. It's okay to jump from topic to topic, our minds only work that way. Also sometimes I feel I'm asexual but I doubt that very much. I'm very much attracted to the opposite sex when I am. I'm a female btw. Music is my getaway relaxing time. I've been suicidal in the past but I don't think that itself can provide you with a solution. Sometimes I hate people to a degree I didn't know was fathomable. In other words I see them in total disgust.

• Posted

You are I suppose like anyone else who is eighteen, you are no different, wheather you are depressed or not.

I cannot work out why you feel Suicidle all I can do in this case is

If you feel in danger due to Depression, talk to your GP.

You can call the NHS Helpline on Tel 111 and explain what your concerns are and they will Triage and decide what is best for your condition. You can ask to be taken in to a place of Safety. You can call the Police they will remove you and call a GP and see how you are

The Helpline can refer you to a Crisis Team

We are here for a chat

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.