Hydrocele Questions

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had an ultrasound last week and yesterday my primary care physician told me that it found a moderately sized hydrocele. I had originally gone to her because I was having some groin discomfort/swelling, but I was also having pain in my back, buttocks, calf and foot. I asked her if it could be related and she said probably not and that my other pain sounded like sciatica. I'm only 27, but all of this discomfort started within the past month. Has anyone had leg/back pain along with having a hydrocele? Or could one of the issues set off the other?

I have an appointment with a urologist on the 19th, so I'm hoping to get some more information then. I guess my bigger fear is that it could be something more than just a hydrocele. Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,

John

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

YOU DID the right thing getting the ultra sound.....my son at about your age had a hydrocele....had it operated on and was fine......i have not heard of pain in back, butt etc due to a hydrocele.....be smart.  Good luck!
    • Posted

Yeah. Hopefully I won't need surgery, but it does freak me out a little. My doctor also told me I should get some type of support underwear or strap. Did they tell your son that?

• Posted

If your ultrasound indicated a hydrocele and nothing else, that's good news. Just wait and talk to the urologist. I've never had any of the discomfort you indicate nor have I ever read anything like what you describe being associated with a hydrocele. It may very well be coincidental or stress related. Good luck!

• Posted

Yeah I'm mildly relieved that it only showed that, but I'm still concerned there may be more going on than just that. Ive been unemployed for a few months so it may very well be something stress related. The waiting is the annoying part since the hypochondriac in me is none too patient!

• Posted

I also had the exact same pain that you are describing. Pain in the hip joint, buttock, back and inner thigh, down to a burning pain in my foot. Let me ask you some thing. Do you carry your wallet in back pocket on the same side of this pain? And is your wallet thick with cards, etc? Because this is what caused mine. Sitting on a thick wallet compresses that sciatic nerve, and puts stress on that hip joint. Take your wallet out of your pocket when you sit/drive, and see if it goes away. Mine did after a few days.
    • Posted

For better or worse, I've always carried my wallet in the front pocket. My mom half jokingly told me that its because I'm so skinny and my butt has no cushion. But the more I sit, the worse it is. And the only time I have any groin discomfort is when my butt or leg hurts, too.

• Posted

I have definitely had back pain and leg pain the one thing that concerns me is I had a TURP before this and they urethra dilation I'm wondering if anybody else  has this problem my penis is so small it's up inside of me most of the time did not have this problem before the Turp and all the rest  I am a 64 and also no longer get a good erection  has anybody else had this problem 

• Posted

Can't say that's been an issue for me. I am noticing though that the more frequently I am sexually active, the more discomfort I have in my groin area and then that tends to set off any of my other pain (leg, back, foot, etcwink.

• Posted

I had my appointment with the urologist and fortunately he didn't see it as being any kind of problem. He said if it starts becoming painful or large to follow up in a year. I'm still a bit paranoid about it all, but fortunately I've been able to relax about it some over the holidays. Now to try to figure out how to take care of this sciatica...

• Posted

Hi did you ever find out what you had in having similar pains like yours

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.