Another doctor rant

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been suffering serious knee pain for months. I've been to my UFD (doctor) a few times and physio twice, but if finally got so bad recently that I had to stop exercising. All I want to do is lie down. I went to see her a couple of months ago, as I wanted to get my thyroid checked and she says I will decide what tests you have done. Not after today Beatch.

I went to the walk-in Monday, which UFD supposedly banned me from going to see. My TSH is 7 and my iron is 16, no wonder all I want to do is sleep.  The walk-in doctor insisted I take the results to my existing doctor, saying she has to listen now. i said no she doesn't, that's why I'm here. 

I booked a new doctor at the walk-in clinic, but I have to wait until February to get a consult. :-(

I stopped at the pharmacy tonight to get my Flu shot and get my pharmacist's advice about going back to my existing doc with my results. She told me not to waste my time. She knows all the doctors.

I'm going to self medicate until Feb, I can always go back to the walkin to get bloodwork. How long before I can expect results.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what you're asking, as far as getting results, but will recommend turmeric for pain...

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the response. But I have to take 800 mg of Ibuprofen to even put a dent in the pain/stiffness. So for the most part I don't bother anymore, unless I really seize up. I'm going to try something new called Inflammotion, but I'm not expecting much.

My goal is to get to the root cause of the knee issues, which apart from my age I think is related to hypothyroidism.

So my question was, how long will it take before I can expect T3 supplemetation to have an effect, if any.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Bill,

Not sure if you're still following this thread, but I'm sorry to hear that you're getting the run-around from your doctor. From my experience, this is sadly almost always the case when you talk to them about Thyroid issues rolleyes In regards to the T3 supplement, it can take up to a month for your levels to even out, and that's if you get the dosage right the first time. If you're just starting the supplement, it can take a few months to a year or more to find the right dosage for your individual needs. I hope you have more luck with another doctor, and be sure to be careful taking a high dosage of ibuprophen.

Best Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.