Received some good news today, 2nd opinion

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went to the hospital again for rapid heart rate. Turns out it's not my wpw causing it, it's SVT and tachycardia. Got a second opinion from a cardiologist and he told me he doesn't believe I need an ablation done. I am gonna be wearing a heart monitor for a month and they are gonna give the stress echo test to see if I really do need a ablation done. My previous cardiologist never gave me a heart monitor or stress echo test and I had to ask for medicine to help me with my symptoms. It just puzzled me how I went to visits and they didn't suggest medicine or anything like that. Second opinions are always good, never settle.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

The symptoms of wpw are svt so how does he know what's causing your svt? What does he think is causing it? Do you have wpw pattern? Is it intermittent or consistent (only way to tell is heart monitor)? Have you talked to an electrophysiologist or just a cardiologist? I am confused. The only ones that understand your condition are the electrophsiologists

• Posted

Yeah I got rid of that doctor, he was just a cardiologist. The only thing he got right is my wpw doesn't always show up in the delta waves. I am actually having an ablation in two weeks with a electrophysiologist. I'm tired of the side effects of beta blockers.

• Posted

Good luck. If they do an EP study, they will know exactly how dangerous it is and will ablate if necessary
    • Posted

Thank you very much, I have faith things will be okay.
  • Posted

I'm not a doctor but if you have the pattern, they have no idea what's causing anything until you have stress tests and wear a heart monitor to stratify risk. The doc is right as far as they won't do an ablation without tests but once they do stress test and monitor they will have more info but nobody knows anything yet

• Posted

I already have an ablation scheduled in two weeks and yes that is true.
    • Posted

Hey so they ended up moving my ablation till the first. But I had a question for you after the ablation. Do you feel like you have more energy now?
    • Posted

Hey it went well, not sure how high my rate went but he said it was a big spot, but that he got it ablated. Procedure took an hour and a half.
    • Posted

Interesting, I would love to chat about your wpw experience offline if you are interested
    • Posted

How long did it take you to get your energy back? Well basically to start feeling better after ablation?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.