Mirtazapine and Buspar

Posted , 3 users are following.

After finally giving up on the ssri medications my doctor wants to try Buspar after the ssri medications clear my system. Has anyone here been on that combo and if you where how did it go?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I take both morning and night, high doses. The first week the Buspar seemed to do wonders and then after a week or two the anxiety and panic returned just as bad. I think Im going to talk to the Dr. about going off the Buspar since I am also on Cymbalta and Xanax.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info and I never did the combo anyway. I'm weening off of Clonazepam now and I'm down to .5 mg and then I'm taking on the Mirtazapine as the medications have given me nothing but horrible side effects and I've excepted them just so I could sleep better at night..Wish you nothing but luck for the new year with whatever your goals are and thanks again!

• Posted

Tiredness during the day with head pressure and dizziness with the Clonazepam. My stomach has issues frequently and I wake up to vivid dreams a lot at night. I also have trouble swallowing foods terribly and I'm much more reclusive in the medications. Just don't enjoy much of anything and I feel totally flat most of the time.

• Posted

i dont know clonazepam...I have mirtazapine have you side effects with it?
    • Posted

Most of the side effects I listed are from the Mirtazapine and the Clonazepam has made my head pressure and dizziness worse. Clonazepam is a benzo so don't ever do it or any other benzo as there nothing but bad news and can be highly addictive.

• Posted

yes i withdraw benzo but I have mirtazapine now, afraid of dizziness with it i suffer from inner ear issue...are you still on mirtazapine?......very sedating I notice, I cant stand ssri........so difficult ....
    • Posted

Yes I'm still on it and I also can't tolerate ssri medication either and it is very sedating but I had bad insomnia so I was desperate for help. Getting off Clonazepam soon and then I'll try getting off the Mirtazapine. Good luck with your medication in the future

• Posted

yes........medications....so tired of all these.....my body is upset with all of this!
    • Posted

I know exactly where your coming from and i definitely want to make a lot of changes in the new year!!
  • Posted

I am going off the Buspar but I am taking 15mg of Mirtazapine in the morning, that usually makes people very tired but I have a lot of nervous energy. Then  I also am taking 30 mg. of Cymbalta twice daily.  I tried to get off Cymbalta but the panic and anxiety was too bad for me. I am noticing I am alot better being back on the Cymbalta. I also have xanax as needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.