Not sinus infection after all!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had terrible pain in my left cheek for over 3 months and was waiting for an NHS ent appointment.... but when I rang up they had lost the referral... well I was having such a bad time of it I decieded to ring a private ent consultant and after paying £400 was seen the same day. He did a rigid nasal endoscopy and concluded my sinuses were clear and looked normal!!! What the heck... no wonder anti biotics weren't helping!! So it's not my teeth as I've already been down the dental route and now I've been told its not my sinuses either!!!so why am I in sooooo much pain??? Well I've been to see my GP today and he concluded nerve pain due to previous dental extractions and sinus infections!!! I've been started on a medication called gabapentin... so fingers crossed it works!!! I will have to come off this forum and join one for atypical facial pain instead!! I wish everyone well and hope you all feel better very soon.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How long are you taking gabapentin and for what exactly? I use to take that for anxiety and panic attacks and had very bad side effects. I'm also in the process of being six for going on six months just had balloon sinuplasty two and a half weeks ago and I'm still in pain. Waiting on another sinus CT and I have to go through surgery again.

• Posted

Hi sue

It's nasty isn't it ?!

I had what op for sinus but just before the surgeon tried to talk me out of it as he said it's not actually that bad but I said well it is as my face burns he said he will lift the sinus cavity so drainage will be better

But he doesn't think the pain in face is to do with sinus problem he said get back to your GP as it sounds like central nervous system problem, so had surg two weeks ago and yes I can breathe better but still got other symptoms ears blocked pain in face but bridge of nose pain could be where he did surgery but the face pain remains and goes red as did before op lips too, I hate it went to dr he said it sounds like touch of fibromyalgia as my legs,upper back shoulders, and arms and hands have same affect he have me pregabilin and amitriptoline which I've upped pregabilin 3weeks ago but only help a bit if that !

And that's how I've been left now just ref to the pain clinic which can take few months to hear from them so I'm living with this horrible illness and you with the face symptom I feel for you I really do if it is the burning feel I get when its not burn feel it's ice cold like I have no blood in it

Oh I don't know and Drs don't seam to

I wish I had money to go pvt so I could get proper answers quickly

Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Julie... I feel your pain!!! Maybe the pain is still from your surgery and it might take a bit longer to settle down... well let's hope so anyway.... I'm still not convinced that I don't have a tooth problem... but my dentist seems pretty sure it's not my teeth... I've had this pain on and off for about 20 years... it really gets you down....my friends and family don't really understand and because it's not something you can see they all think I'm ok... but I'm not!!! I do hope the new medication starts to work for you and try and keep positive.

All best wishes

Suex

• Posted

Hi Julie...not at all sure about your symptoms. Where is redness did you say? Your symptoms remind me if something I am wondering about.

Do your wars go red at all?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.