Any help please about depersonalisation!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I have had depersonalisation for over ten years 24/7!!! Has anybody on here got rid off it? And could you tell me how! At the moment my depersonalisation is quite chronic and is giving me bad anxiety I feel like I'm living in my own mind it scares the hell out of me

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you seeing your GP about it, you may need medications to ease the problem ?

BOB

• Posted

I've tried a lot of anti anxiety /depression medication none of them help I told my old doctor about it about 8 years ago and he asked if I was high on drugs! That put me off telling anyone else again

• Posted

I've not told my new doctors because doctors don't seem to know about depersonalisation! They know I suffer from anxiety and depression which I'm on citalopram and mirtazapine

• Posted

I would suffer from it in my teens, I would walk into a room and I always felt hollow when listening to people who were talking. In those days, the sixtys we do not have the treatments as now and I would leave the room and swallow and make my ears crackle, I would then have a drink of water and walk around outside. It seemed to clear, see if that helps. It is the feeings of distance that used to effect me as well.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Pamela,

I also suffer with this and its quite bad at the minute. Dont feel real, who am i, i start listening to myself talking etc.

I do try and just accept its there and carry on with things but its so hard isnt it.

Hope we find something that helps soon x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Emma :-) if you want to keep in touch with me I would like to have a friend to talk too who has depersonalisation just like me! None of my friends or family know I have this horrible disorder I don't think know one would understand it unless you experience it!

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.