Is it Raynaud's tho?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello people, 

since I've been ill ( possibly autoimmune,not diagnosed yet) I started getting blue-grey nails when I am cold. I had a capilaroscopy and Raynaud's was diagnosed but... my Raynaud's is not like everyone else's. My dingers don't hurt, don't change colors and I have no problem with touching cold thinks like ice,snow,etc. But what happens is when I ave chills or I feel cold ( whole bdy cold I mean) the lower part of my nailbeds turns bluish grey color and goes away as soon as I stop feeling cold or I go into the shower. That's it, nothing more. I can hold snow perfectly fine, no problem there. It just happens when I am cold all over and having chills. Is it still Raynaud's? It only happens in Fall/Winter time and the capilaroscopy showed it was but still... could it be cyanosis and not Raynaud's?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry for the multiple mistakes, I am not english or american and was typing fast smile

• Posted

Your English is just fine...

I think you will find this article helpful

https://patient.info/doctor/cyanosis

• Posted

Than you, it looks like I have peripheral cyanosis but Raynaud's is also some sort of peripherial cyanosis. I don't know, the capillaroscopy showed i have Raynaud's but then again... I don't get diiscoloration in fingers,numbnes or pain,just blue nails.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.