PF has caused daily numbness in heels.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't understand how the Dr's can't explain to me why my heels have been numb since the 20th of November. They're calling it Plantar fasciitis but is it? Who else has experienced numbness daily that isn't going away? I've tried icing it, rolling a tennis ball and golf ball, stretches and massage. How long is this supposed to last? I'm worried about permanent damage. Please help

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

For most of us it fells as though we have trodden on a nail just in front of the heel a very sharp pain and we would love it to be numb we just cannot walk on it. It would appear that pf presents itself in many different ways and has just as many causes but the things that help are often the same, warm footbaths, stretching exercises, rolling the instep on a ball or frozen can and spreadinf the load to other area's of the foot so the whole foot bears your wieght not just the heel and ball of you foot. This is done using pf insoles and/or gel heel pads which cushion the heel and so pevent it getting inflamed that can cause numbness. Using anti inflamatory creams and pain killers can also help rI use Indometacin but try to only use it for a couple of weeks untill the pain subsides.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

This does not sound at all like a plantar fasciitis. Unless you are leaving out some information, this sounds more like a peripheral neuropathy. Plantar fasciitis is usually very painful. I don't know how numbness can be a symptom of PF. It makes no sense. Get another opinion. 

• Posted

I was thinking the same. Ugh so frustrating and scary at the same time. In the beginning it was painful. But the pain part went away. More now just tight and has to be stretched in the morning

• Posted

Hi Tamara,

No way mumbness is an initial symptom of P.F. Every sufferer I'm

aware of describes extreme pain in the heel - like treading on a

nail. Excruciating first thing in the morning until stretching

exercises have eased it enough to put a shoe on.

In initial stages standing on a shower floor is agony.Then you

absolutely have to stick to the regime of stretches, massages etc and cushioned

rest. You can do your own massage and buy really good over the

counter insoles.

I agree with John that it doesn't sound like P.F and you should get

A second opinion

i

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.