Kind words please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys I am just over a week starting for constant anxiety. Usually a manifest by obsessive thoughts but now I am having loads of shakiness and anxiety. Please tell me about similar experiences and the success you've had. I need to see the light I'm not feeling much hope right now and I don't know how I could ever shake this. I can't even remember what COM our normal feels like.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Awb it's only been a week it will settle soon and I'm still a bit shaky even though I'm much better but I'm on day 17 please stay strong you will definitely get through this just keep posting and talking on here

Debbie

• Posted

Thank you Debbie. I'm sure hoping it will start to settle. I haven't had physical symptoms of anxiety in a long while and it is so disheartening

• Posted

Yes it is and like borderreiver daod try breathing g and relaxation there's lots on you tube and if your in the UK I have a telephone number Its a pre recorded message when you call it's a lady she tells you through relaxing and reassures you that you will be ok and it's just fear in the wrong place etc

• Posted

Hello

Have you tried Relaxation Techniques and Breathing Exersises, they did help me in the past. Try the above it just may help

BOB

• Posted

I have been trying Bob. It's hard when I am at work and the physical symptoms are somewhat overwhelming. I'm working six days a week right now I don't have much of a respite from anything

• Posted

All I can suggest is give the AD some additional time to work.

If you decided you needed a change it would not help for Christmas.

Does your GP not feel a few weeks would help while you calm.

BOB

• Posted

Hi,

it must be extremely tough especially when you are working six days a week as well.

I have read alot on anxiety and a common suggestion is it has to lower to a certain level so that we are not constantly on a hair trigger to fall in to alarm mode.

Anti depressants ''can'' increase symptoms as the body adjusts to them and then begins to have theraputic effects so it could very well be this adding to the overall feeling.

If in doubt try and get to see the GP for further advice and try to be a bit kinder on yourself.

Best wishes, and good luck.

• Posted

Had all of that! Took about 3 weeks until I started feeling better again. Hang in there!
  • Posted

Awb , well done for managing to get to work after starting on cit, first two weeks I couldn't leave the house . Things will settle down . Reading helped me loads as well as this forum , keep believing & you will get your life back , at your stage I thought I could never enjoy my life as before but 5 months later I've weened myself of them & I feel great

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.