Previously had pulmonary embolism and got pains in my back again?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 23 and had pulmonary embolisms last year after taking the pill (apparently the cause) I had Severe pains all round my front and back, could hardly breathe and ended up with a lung infection also.. I've been fine since after coming off the tablets but the past few moths kept getting the odd pain in my chest then this past week -2weeks I've had a horrible pain in my back near my shoulder blade and don't know if it's to do with that or there back again? Has anyone else had the same problem?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I suggest you speak to your Dr as young as you are it can also be your gall bladder or a number of other things. Every ache and pain I get I just Know it has to be another PE but it isn't. Thank God!!

• Posted

Thank you smile I'll ring them in morning! I think it's just something at the back of your mind all the time.. hopefully not eh! smile

• Posted

Totally agree always on your mind!! Even though my legs have been checked every pain I get in my calf I just know it is one moving! They should never have told me they don't know where it came from do they don't know where the next one is going to go. And my appointment with the RA dr isn't until Jan 20th. Do they are in no hurry to find out how to stop them. Sigh. Take care of YOU!!!

• Posted

Aww no sad hopefully you don't get anymore! Thank you for the replies I really appreciate it smile been to doctors today and going for an emergency scan in morning! Fingers crossed smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.