Update : Someone finally listened

Posted , 9 users are following.

Finally got my 2nd opinion with the colorectal surgeon, he's almost certain I've got a rectocele which has moved further up since the prolapse surgery,so I'm waiting for a proctogram ,I don't particularly want it to be this as he did say I would require more surgery but it all makes sense as to why my bowels don't work,why I'm still in pain and still feel as if I have a prolapse as it's 8mths since my prolapse surgery, I finally got back to work,managed 3 hours and could hardly walk I was in so much pain so not sure what I'm going to do next Hope everyone else is doing well x

2 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Melons this is bittersweet for you but you now have someone who has given you an answer. Pain is debilitating and you shouldn't have to put up with this so I hope you get some relief now and some help that you deserve x

• Posted

So sorry to hear that that you may need more surgery melons. It must be a relief though that someone is taking things seriously now.

Feel for you being in pain at work. I hope you get things sorted sooner rather than later.

Lots of hugs,

💖x Phyl

• Posted

Thank-you Phyl and Matron I did actually say to him the pain of a mixture of labour pains and appendicitis(which I had removed a few years ago) is actually getting to me more than anything, I actually sat and cried my eyes out after work as the pain just hit like a sledgehammer, Thank-you ladies for your support xx
    • Posted

Melons you shouldn't be suffering like this. Pain is something I feel strongly about and it is very much underestimated. Doctors have to understand that everyone's pain threshold is different and we all have to be listened to. I hope you get some relief xx

• Posted

Whats the symptoms of  a rectocele prolapse x
    • Posted

YOu may not have any symptoms at all. But the main one is feeling a lump in your vagina that has protruded from the bowel. You would probably have problems passing a stool and ladies report they have to manually push the stool through the bowel. Do you think you have a rectocele?
    • Posted

It's hard for me to say as such as I had surgery in April for A & P repair but have still had severe pain and chronic constipation, I also have pressure in my vagina when my bowels do open,before my surgery I was able to push the bulge back to help empty my bowels but this feels too high up to reach ,you also get a dragging feeling very much like a prolapse

• Posted

am not sure matron sometimes i feel as if there is something in the vagian, but gp looked last week she told me to cought and the was it, she didnt feel about
    • Posted

When I had my rectocele and cystocele I didn't have pain and that's quite common. There was a slight dragging feeling but having my bowels opened was difficult. No 2 women are alike and symptoms vary which is why questions regarding symptoms is difficult to answer. I could write a list of symptoms but most of them wouldn't apply to most of us and this is why we need to see a good urogynaecologist to diagnose the rectocele. There is sometimes confusion about which prolapse it actually is be it a uterine, vaginal, anterior or posterior prolapse.

• Posted

You need to be examined vaginally and standing as well as laid down. xx
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean as a few of my friends have had the same surgery as me and they are back on their feet, but even today we unfortunately are still treated as txt book as if it wasn't for me being so persistent that something isn't right I would be suffering in silence and all the examination I've had I've never been stood up xx

• Posted

she just looked matron and ask me to cough, i will need to go back when shes off and see someone else its a small practice and they all seem to agree with each other .
    • Posted

When people say @dragging feeling " what does that mean? Can you explain this in a different way? I just don't understand thanks

• Posted

I would describe the dragging feeling as if someone is trying to drag your insides out of you I know it sounds a bit like a horror movie but can't think of any other way of describing it

• Posted

I would say similar to late pregnancy, being in labour and ready to give birth in my own case. I have a rectocele and vaginal vault prolapse, third time around! sad

• Posted

Bless you I don't know how you've coped, I suppose if I go back to when I had my daughter I think I remember having what they called after pains ,I actually say I'm fed up of giving birth (pain wise )lol x

• Posted

Totally agree I'm on strong painkillers but at times it still makes me feel quite sick, not looking forward to work on Monday x

• Posted

Having rested well for last few weeks after terrible pain due to what I thought was overstretched scar tissue being on my feet for too long rushing about I felt pretty good.

But have noticed slight dragging feeling in lower back end over last couple of days and feeling as if I have a full bowel when I don't actually need.

So not sure what is going on as consultant check recently assured me all was fine and that my problems were nothing to do with prolapse or repair but we're in fact back problems, but define try feel uncomfortable inside bowel.

I suppose time will tell, but worried about what I should or should not be doing that may be making things worse or what could improve things. I am doing my pelvic floor exercises and pulling up at back end first then the front so definitely doing them correctly.

Anyway a bit worried about work too as was out today and after only walking for a short while had to go back and sit in car, and like you say the pain makes you feel sick if you try to persevere with walking or whatever your doing at the time.

Only got about 6 more heavy shifts till Xmas and new year by and then we will be really quiet, so hoping I manage to get through them without any problems.

Hope you manage to get through your work too on Monday or can negotiate something more manageable with your employer Melons.

💖 Phyl x

• Posted

Hi.im in a similar state as you are melons. I had rectocele surgery nine months ago. Sat down all day at work is agony and cannot open bowels without lactulose. On painkillers every day again which I hate. Back to surgeon who says all is well following surgery and referred me to colonoscopy for further checks!! So uncomfortable and need to go but it is as if the muscle inside is either blocked or won't relax?! Tmi sorry!

• Posted

I'm on phase return for a month but only managed one 3hr shift then was put on annual leave for rest of the week so Monday is the start of another week so I've got everything crossed it goes better xx

• Posted

I've said since surgery things aren't right I think us ladies know our own bodies so I do refer to myself as a car waiting to see the right machanic but the consultant did say that lots of ladies unfortunately are left in pain with backache etc xx

• Posted

Hi jo jo c,

I had A&P repair 9 months ago and have been told all is fine by consultant. Yet having problems some days with relaxing properly

Which can cause difficulty trying to do pelvic floor exercises.

Not sure if it is related to damaged nerves or ligaments. I know that my ligaments in my foot arch which are damaged, can go tight and very painful when I overdo things; and the pains I get in my pelvic floor are similar when I have been on my feet rushing about then rest, it's like it is stiffening up and then when I try to walk the pain with each stride is awful.

So end up unable to relax properly. None of this happened last time so disappointed that after such a good recovery in early months this is happening now!

Let us know who your colonoscopy goes.

Take care,

💖 x Phyl

• Posted

I do hope things improve for you Melons you sound like you are in much more pain than me. Sometimes a week can make all the difference. Try get as much rest as you can and get as much help at home as possible.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Thank-you, I actually thought that because I cope at home I would cope with work, I hope I do feel better this week but because I've been taking one step forward and two back I'm slowly losing my positivity Take care xx

• Posted

I'm retired so can rest when I need to. The only thing that helps really is lying down in the most comfortable position I can! I was fedup with giving birth, (painwise) after 4!) surprisedrolleyes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.