Anxiety/colon cancer scare

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 21 year old male and recently I'm a nervous wreck. I had a cystoscopy ran on me because I am currently battling prostatits. After the surgery I became constipated and did not have the urge to poop. Also became very gassy and would belch and bloat. Went to the ER for pain in my side and they did an X-ray, blood tests, and an ultrasound. The doctor says he thinks I have gas with a touch of gastritis. The only thing worrying me is I have been having kind of flat stools. They aren't extremely but sort of all. But I also deal with anxiety, I am diagnosed and made the mistake of googling. Which has me in histeria. I'm just worried I could possibly have cancer.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Travis,

The only way you are going to put your mind at ease is to ask your GP for an colonoscopy then you will know for sure, in the meantime STOP googling I hope it all goes well for you

• Posted

Agreed. Googling often makes things worse! Best wishes. 
  • Posted

My symptoms where showing everything to be colon cancer thanks to google. I also had pencil thin stools and flat ribbon stools for years .

I did my colonoscopy and it showed to be mild hemorrhoids . Don't google . Just go to the dr and get it all checked out. More than likely it's not cancer. It can be so many other things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.