Muscle cramps

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am in the process of getting deironed. I have phlebotomies every two weeks. I've noticed after this recent phleb that I have a crazy calf cramp that's hanging around and more shoulder joints pains and muscle pains than usual. Anyone else getting muscle cramps through this process?? Thanks so much.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Yes, I get calf cramps, also pins and needles in my feet. Like you I have vs every two weeks down from 960 to 438. Not worried though. Take care

• Posted

Thanks. I find the more I do the process of the phlebs the more pains I have and the harder in a way it becomes. Hope this is just part of the process of getting better.
  • Posted

History: C282Y/C282Y, now deironed, 3 monthly maintenance

Husband: H63D/H63D, no longer loading

Son: C282Y/H63D, 4 monthly maintenance

Did you not have these pains before venesections?  Joint and muscle pain are common symptoms of haemochromatosis.

I had all these and cramps before I was diagnosed and before venesections.  Even though I am now de-ironed (27 years) later, they are still a feature of my life.

• Posted

My husband does phlebotomies and always has cramps and aches and pains till the 4 day.
  • Posted

Cramps are indeed super!! Don't get them half as much now that my levels are fixed

I donate the blood now so its helping someone else and not just being binned    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.