Gilbert's advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 42 yr old personal trainer, recently diagnosed with gilbert's syndrome.

Since I can remember I have always suffered badly after a major cold, flu, food poisoning, these illnesses come and go and often I am left feeling very spacey, so in a way I'm glad I finally know what is going on.

This last episode of "spacey" head has lasted a month.

If doesn't feel like it's going, I guess I'm asking will it go? It has in the past but I've never had it for this long, out-of all the symptoms of gilbert's, this is the only one I seem to get and only when I am ill.

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i was diagnosed 14 months ago, it came as  a shock I had never heard of it before, like you I only get the spaced out feel, but my bilirubin readings were  not massively over, I had had a blood test the year before and it was normal then, 

i too keep really fit and drink plenty of water, my spaced out feeling comes and goes, it's not there all the time, I'm hoping that's the only symptoms I get their are some awful stories on here on how bad it makes people feel, I guess it depends on how high your readings are.

sorty I wasn't much help, hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, with me in the past I don't normally have any symptoms apart from when I've been ill. Is this normal?

• Posted

So this spacey head should go? It's driving me mad!

• Posted

If you look on some of the other postings, there is a list of symptoms, somme people on here can't even get out of bed their so fatigued, some have no appetite, spacey headaches there's lots of info if you Google it and go on the proper Gilbert site

• Posted

What is the "proper" gilbert site?

Basically my doctor says there aren't any symptoms, and obviously knows nothing about it.

• Posted

Yes I was told the same, and to be fair after reading about it, I haven't really only apart from the spaced out feeling sometimes, but if I eat something it will generally pass.

One site is http://www.gilbertssyndrome.org.uk/, look on the NHS one too, I just looked at them all, but the first one is the better one

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.