Can you get FS again after having it in both shoulders?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had my first FS in 2012 for 9 grueling months. I now have it again in opposite shoulder sad  2 months in and praying the pain stops. I forgot how horrible this is. Does anyone know if you can get it back AGAIN???????? Does anyone know why this happens???

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hope not! I've never heard of anyone who has had it 3 times! I'm also on my 2nd. Got it straight away after my 1st shoulder healed. Into my 3rd year of fs. This time is worse than 1st. More stubborn to heal this time. To be honest I'm getting used to life with a fs!! Just a waiting game I think . All the best.

• Posted

OMG, 3 years! I can NOT do this for 3 years. I will not have surgery, too invasive for me. The last one, I just road it out. I forgot about the pain, stiffness, fatigue and irritability. I see a massage therapist once a month and a reflexologist, every ten days. I am taking vitamin C, turmeric, tart cherry, ginger, spirulina, omega XL fish oil...............all to help with inflammation and my immune system. I just want to sleep through the night without pain. FS is by far the worst thing I have ever gone through sad Thank you for your response. You too, hang in there! And lets both pray that it can not come back 3 times!

• Posted

Hi I found for my first FS a chiro in raynes park london who basically manipulated my arm. I screamed and it worked. .... I have no idea if I had left it what my full range would have been....arm up back is up to top of shoulder blade...full range otherwise. ..
  • Posted

In the US Xiaflex was a injection which is a protein that breaks up the collagen in shoulder capsule and facia tissue usually from injury.

after a few weeks in splint went back to doc for manipulation using pain block.

then off to therapy after a few months my ROM has returned and have had little to no pain or complications since treatment over a year ago. 

Some me time manipulation is used where Xiaflex is not available . It's done using a pain block and pain meds for a few days along with therapy and shoulder brace.

• Posted

Hi I think I read a one in five chance. I'm on my second after a seven year break..I did feel I was on borrowed time. This time I embraced a MUA. On private health care. The london shoulder clinic is recommended. Good luck....

• Posted

I am in my 9th month with FS in my left shoulder. I started having pain in my other/right shoulder a couple of months ago and went in about a month into it and requested an ultrasound guided cortisone shot. The shot did little if anything for my left shoulder (but was given at about 5 months). The shot that I received for my right shoulder seems to have stopped the freezing in that shoulder! YAY. I have also been following an anti-inflammatory diet since Sept, so that may have helped too (nothing seems to be too terribly helpful for my left shoulder unfortunately). I have posted earlier that I think much of this for me is hormone related. Not sure if it could be part of your concerns. Good luck....it is such a hard thing and so painful and frustrating! Take care.
    • Posted

could you please send me any information on the diet. THANKS!!!! 
    • Posted

You can find info on an anti-inflammatory diet from numerous sources. Basically, it is a plant based diet that limits/eliminates processed foods, dairy and "white starches" like white rice, pasta, bread etc. Emphasis is on eating fish 2-3x's a week (omega 3 fats and fish oil supplements). When possible, eating organic is recommended to avoid chemicals and caffiene, added sugar and alcohol are to be avoided (altho some diets will ok a glass of wine). The basic idea is to focus on foods that do not have an ingredients list; so whole foods like veggies, fruits, nuts, beans and use of extra virgin olive oil over others. I have seen improvements in my skin (less dry) and have lost 14 pounds! Not much change in the FS, but nutritional changes can take a long time to see results. I figure that eating more healthy foods certainly cannot hurt me at this point. Tumeric/curcumin is an often recommended supplement for reducing inflammation too as is fish oil.

Hope that is helpful!

• Posted

Hi...I know we're regressing to diet....I now have an organic delivery...the idea being if u don't see the choccy biscuits on the supermarket shelf u don't buy them...except for raw choccy of course. I lost over a stone. Interesting that organic red meat has three times as more omegas than non organic..same for fish..I don't really eat meat...

• Posted

Hi,

I currently am suffering FS in my opposit shoulder that I had surgery on to correct FS a few years ago!!

Yes as yourself can recognise the painful symptoms, hopefully for me it will get better again byit self as has happened before a year or so ago.

Tis is painful at times when you move it in the wrong position and at night is awkward to say the least.

Not as bad as the one I had surgery on which is back to normal and I recommend to anybody who has it bad, surgery is the only way forward I believe which I will go for again if required.

I dont know why it happens and we are unlucky to get it in our other shoulder and once had the pain never forgotten!

How much movement have you got as previuosly prior surgery I struggled to reach the top of my head and painful putting a coat on etc.

I had MUA and surgery to correct it and the surgeon scrapped a bit of the bone away for good measure, Ha

Ta

Jon

• Posted

Ziaflex is a injection that disengages the collagen in the shoulder capsule.,it is approved in many countries, afte two weeks from injection thes doc manipulates the shoulder under a pain block the therapy. That was almost a year ago and hav full ROM .

• Posted

Reye's it is I had it done was recently approved last year.

its a great way to solve the collagen build up.,contact the pharmacudical company and they will refer a doc in your area who has been trained in this proveedure.

• Posted

You can have it in both shoulders and very rarely at the same time. If you have it early in life, this means 45 to 50 you  have enough time to have it in the other shoulder, up to 60 years old. So it therefore best to have the first one late in the 15 year cycle if you are going to have it at all.  Traumatic and surgically stiff shoulders can happen at any age and they may be stiff and painful but not "Frozen".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.