how to relieve pain that is currently affecting my education

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im a training dancer, so exercising less isnt a option, and its a requirement of the course that i come in every day and dance for 2 - 3 hours

Ive had PCOS for 4 years diagnosed. for 2 years i have been on the contraceptive injection every 12 weeks. this wards off a whole host of unpleasant symtoms i used to have, its not for contraception at all it simply helps the PCOS

the thing is in periods of stress, long working hours or simply because im on the 11th week, im in pain which greatly affects simple daily life let alone my education.

theres two types of pain;

one that stabs inside me on one or the other side of the stomach it will last anything between seconds and 5 minutes and absolutely takes my breath away.

a constant pain in the central area.

Im wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on how to relieve this pain? so i can do daily tasks and do better at my course

thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I had similar pain, I couldn't go out to walk my dogs because of the pain! And I was using the pill to keep it at bay, but then me and my husband decided to try again for a baby, so I did some research and found maca root tablets!

They are cheap and work great!!! Just like the pill they balan e your hormones out!! I take three 500mg a day, and that seems to do the trick. I do still get a bit of pain but no where near what I used to get!!

You can buy them from Amazon, and I did read that becoz maca root is a food, you can take as much as you like! But you might want to do some more research into that.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

thanks, yeah just as you said the injection makes me ok 80% of the time its just that 20% of life where either;

I'm stressed and it flares up and hurts

im on the last week leading up to a new dose

and sometimes that 20% lines up with times when you can just stay in bed like final exams and stuff

so these are oral? how long did you have to take them for before you saw results? just thinking if it wasnt long before it had results maybe I could stay on my injection because well the doctors reccomend i do to stop me developing more cystis but take these during stressful times and week 11 just as like a booster, rather than constantly adding it to my diet

• Posted

Hey

I knew I was coming off the pill so started taking them before so didn't feel too bad when I came off it! So maybe two weeks or so?

I think it will only work if you take them most days, I sometimes miss a few days and pain starts to come back!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.