hrt evorel 25mg and BP & cholesterol

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've been given hrt patches to take 3 months after my full hysterectomy, ovaries removed too . Just worried about my blood pressure as heard it can raise BP, just had a my blood tests back and now have high total cholesterol 7.2 , I exercise regularly, been told by gp to change my diet and retake test in 3mths my diet already is low fat , but have heard bp medicines can raise your cholesterol levels, I'm also suffering from muscular aches and pains since my hysterectomy, I'm 43 and so confused to start the HRT EVOREL 25 patches. Has anyone taken bp medicine and hrt without problems with bp going high and do cholesterol levels change with HRT patch any advise would be helpful....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have high blood pressure and use HRT.  My cardiologist and my gynecologist both agree that estrogen usually lowers blood pressure, but testosterone raises it.

I'm on a low carb/high fat & high protein diet. My gynaecology nurse says this is a hospital recommended diet for lowering weight (and therefore helping lower the blood pressure).

I have no idea how all this affects cholesterol levels.

Aches and pains can magically disappear when you've got the correct amount of estrogen on board!

Hope you start feeling better soon.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, just started the low fat diet , wish my gp would have told me to get regular bp check whilst starting HRT ,going to ask nurse to have my bp check.
  • Posted

Hi had full hysterectomy 24mth ago ruffed it with no HRT had health check and was told had high cholestrol ,was very supprised as walk and am very active eat a good diet watch what i eat and all that stuff ,i am sure i never had it before the op so woundering if its just somthing that happens to us ladie with a loss of hormones ,hubby on same diet he is not active and after his health check has no high cholesterol how is that possibel ? any way im not on statins have not changed my life styel and will not panic intill i have had it checked again i dont feel that one test is conclusive , i have now given in and am on EVorel 25 25mcg for all the other things that are making life hard work flushing and night sweats lack of sex drive ,and am having my bp monterd by GP so far so good only been on them a few weeks i do think they are helping a littel along with staying away from trigger foods and alcahol ,it will be intresting now to see if my levels for cholesterol have gone up or down now i am on HRT i will let you know . but yes you are right in thinking that BP can be raised on HRT . not much help to your questions but thought it would be good to share expireiances good luckĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.