Worried!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I've not posted anything on here for ages, but I was recently admitted to hospital with gall stones. I had a test the other day to see how well my gall bladder was working, and now I've got to see the liver team on Friday.

My worry is because of my none stop crohns and the fact I have a end colostomy they tell me that if my gall bladder has to come out it could be life changing for me. Meaning as I've already had 9 surgerys for crohns it makes removing my gall bladder very difficult, and it could leave me unable to eat for weeks, months or longer and will have t.p.n tubes.

Now what worry me more than that is I'm a self employed roofer? If this happens I won't be able to work for god knows how long, I earn a good living and worry I won't be able to pay my bills. I have insurance but it won't cover this? And I won't get back to work quick enough as I've done before.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi nick,

im sorry to hear youre not doing so well just now.

i cant give you advice other than you could apply

for pip and esa in the uk, and help with rent or mortgage interest?

my tpn started over 22 hours but was reduced to 12 hours.

my son in law is a roofer so i appreciate how physically demanding the job is, well done you for keeping going after all your ops

hope your results are more positive than expected

• Posted

Thanks,

The t.p.n I can live with and work with if I could be off it for 5-6 hours in the day for me to work? But I know it's for long periods at first.

I only have a little over 3ft of small bowel left so I know t.p.n is coming but was hoping it was later in life! My kids are still young and rely on me.

Thanks again and good luck with everything.

• Posted

Woah thats not much bowel is it!

i tried to reply yesterday but i have a weird lag on the type bit.

my husband had to leave his job and take a much lower paid one which came up, its been a 10k pay cut and i was gutted at first. But weve adapted.

i understand as the bread winner its putting more strain on you.

to be fair youve been a trooper with all youve had and i feel a feeble pity party goer in comparrison.

good luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.