Lump on shoulder been ther 4-5 weeks.. Worried and scared! Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a lump on my shoulder which has been there about five weeks.. Its painless so worrying me more.. I have had an ultransound and was told its swollen lymph glands.. Had blood tests aswell which wer all normal.. The lump doesnt seem to be goin down which is buggin me.. What can i do? Im really scared and worried its something serious

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did the doc tell you hpwhat caused the swollen lymph node. I had medication that had caused the node in my arm pit to swell very painful.,it's different than what you explained. 

I also havr have THR done and the hip lymph node is swollen and filled with fluid. It doesn't hurt and have that repaired soon.

google what causes swelling on the shoulder node maybe from an injury.🎅

• Posted

Well don't freak out lymph nodes swell for all sorts of reasons but the most common is an infection. Some lymph nodes swell and never really go back to normal they are called shotty lymph nodes. Is it freely moveable or does it feel fixed to something? I also would not be looking online for answers. Google is not your friend when it comes to medical issues. there is a ton of outdated material. If you are really very concerned ask for a biopsy.

• Posted

Ive had my bloods and urine done and they came back normal so no sign of infection.. Its kind of freely moveable and i have no pain.. Hav tried pushing doctors for some investigation but they say its nothing
    • Posted

Hi! Well that's good news. Not all infections will show up on blood work. For example if you have a little ingrown hair that could cause a lymph node to swell up and probably wouldn't show on a blood test. They are checking white blood counts and big infections are seen. Freely moveable is a good sign too. The question is how much do you trust your doctor?? If you feel that this is always going to weigh on your mind I would express that to your doctor. Hey doctor I'm having some anxiety over this situation and I feel that the only way I'm going to have peace of mind is if we can investigate this further.. good luck keep us updated!

• Posted

Bless u honestly ur an absolute star! I appreciate your replies soo much! As a suffere if anxiety this lump plays on my mind alot so hopefully nxt week will make another appo an have it investigated further.. Wt exactly should i ask for.. A biopsy?
    • Posted

Hey no problem! I too suffer from anxiety. I know it all too well. I think if it were me I would push for a biopsy. I would want peace of mind. A biopsy would be the tell all. You would know if it's something to worry about or not. If it is something at least you are catching it now. Good luck to you! Keep me posted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.