Liver enzymes elevated

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone I have had three blood test for my liver and the test comes back even higher each time. My Dr and tells me not to worry but how can I not. Last time my blood was drawn my Alt was 210 and my AST was 78. I don't know what to do.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you have further questions plz make appt for another blood test or ask you dr to go over the reason why level enzymes are higher than normal.

everyone is different and I do not know your medical history or would I compare your enzyme levels to mine. 😳

• Posted

Thank you so much. I had my blood drawn today so hopefully I will find out more tomorrow. I'm also going to get an apt so he is going to have to go over everything.

• Posted

Good for you, 😄

Keep posting. I'll keep my fingers crossed 👍

• Posted

Hi do try not to worry, as I said before there can be a dozen reasons for LFT to come back raised, my have been raised on and off for about 2 years and for whatever reason they have just two weeks ago gone back to normal, I went through a load of blood test where in one session they took about a pint of blood and it all came back normal except you guessed it LFTs then they sent me to see a hepatologist who specializes in livers obviously, he found nothing wrong with me so said they would just monitor my bloods and eventually they have gone back to normal, still going to do them again in 6 month's.

Do you have any other illness's or on any meds, or are you really athletic or body build.

• Posted

This morning I got a call from my Dr' s office and they had made mean apt already to see him today. So I go to which I'm glad because maybe I will find something out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.