anyone out there who has overcome urinary symtoms associated with vaginal atrophy through hrt?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have been using topical hormone treatment for over 3 months to help with urinary symptoms (urge, burning and stinging). Was put on evorel patches 3 weeks ago as I was getting anxious and low mood. Has anyone out there got experience of overcoming these symptoms through hrt.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've just been put on Evoril patches for palpitations - I'm four year into menopause and have all the nightsweats vaginal atrophy etc. I'm a bit dubious about starting them....can you tell me how you got on with them?

• Posted

Hi Carol,

I started the patches for my mood essentially though I am struggling with VA. I use vagifem for those symptoms. I really can't say if the patches have or are working. I am struggling to work that out. Other women encourage me to give it a go so I am hoping that they will help though at the moment I am very tearful. I will let you know if I can work it out. Hope you get on Ok with them.

• Posted

Hi Catherine, I'm also using vagifem. I've been in menopause for four years and the thought of starting HRT scares me. The doctor said I'd probably have some bleeding with it.😖 My husband keeps saying to give it a go especially when I have a bout of palpitations. I don't know...I'll think about it a bit more.

Sorry to hear you're feeling tearful - it's really upsetting. Hope we have better days ahead of us. Carol. 😉

• Posted

Hi Catherine, I too started on topical oestrogen initially to help urge, fewuency etc. But after 6 months I had a post meno bleed and was referred for a hysteroscopy.

long story short, gynaecologist recommended HRT and suggested Mirena coil to protect uterus from any build up. I have been on oestrogel 2 pumps daily for a year now, alongside the Mirena, and for the first 6 months I also had the estring for local oestrogen.

i still had awful urgency and frequency, so my GP prescribed vesicare, I no longer need the estring, as my oestrogel keeps things under control, and has really helped with my anxiety, still get occasional flare ups but so much better than it was.

the vesicare has been a godsend, my bladder is so much better, again odd days when urgency can be bothersome, but I think that coincides with days when I'm a bit anxious.

hope this helps, persevere with your HRT it is worth it in my opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.