Herpes??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 28 and been married 6 years. I use to smoke a lot and also week with many people the past year I quit cigs and hardly smoke week with a few occasions I'm past 6 months... my wife has had a affair for this past year so after learning we when to get tested, I just found out she is clean but I have contracted herpes sometime within last 6 months, I HAVE NEVER cheated/ kissed or touched another person besides her how the F did I get it and she is clean??? My only thought is the last time or 2 i smoked weed and it was a hit or 2 is that really possible or could you get it any other way???

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

dear k,

sorry to say, the weed has not caused your herpes. your girl is clean? she may not show syptoms, but she could be a carrier. whatever the case, just take care of yourself. it's not a death sentence...you'll be alright.     x

• Posted

I know no one will believe me that I have not done anything with another person but it's the gods honest truth, we had are results read together and it shows she is not carrying and I am? Is it possible her test was wrong? Because sharing a joint/ bowl in a group is the closest contact with anyone I have had? And test shows me not her? Can that be true or blood mixed up we both have never shows sighns of it

• Posted

you know? i feel real bad about your situation. you haven't done anything wrong. i'm not an expert on this...but perhaps you were smoking with someone that had some oral sores. contracted it that way...and it ended up below the belt? i really don't know. that sounds impossible. hopefully you'll get some answers here. i'm curious too.    good luck

• Posted

Hey thanks for talking, I just found out the results of test yesterday I have had NO sighns any were on my body and neither has my wife, the only reason I wanted tests done was because of her affair that she stated he was clean, so I am just so confused as to how her results are negative on all and mine show that I contracted within last 6 months, I know I have never done anything with another person except smoke weed in a group or bum a cig, so I just can't believe it's possible to contract like that or could test be mixed up? Should I re test or wait or what?

• Posted

now that you mention it, test results can be wrong. have you ever had chicken pox, shingles, or even a cold sore? from what i understand, it's all the same virus...just different parts of the body are affected. hopefully you can't contract much of anything by sharing a smoke. or i'd be in BIG trouble myself. but truth be told, i ended up with herpes when i was younger, and my boyfriend was tested and turned up clear. he'd been the only one i'd ever been with. so it looked like i got it from someone else. which was bull sh*t. turns out my boyfriend had it and gave it to me, even though he tested negative. maybe you should re test. for what it's worth, i believe you.

• Posted

hiya mate. Herpes can only be diagnosed if you're showing symptoms. Your gf could have the virus and be able to transmit it to you with no visible symptoms at all. it's not like chlamydia etc where it shows in a urine tests. Your gf couldve had the virus, showed no visible symptoms and passed it to you in the past few weeks/months, but when it came to the test it went dormant and therefore tested negative. Alternatively, you could of had the virus for weeks/months/years and not even known as the symptoms were so slight or you may have had no symptoms at all. It is very common and ALOT of people have it without even knowing it. It really isn't a biggy and has no detrimental affect to the body whatsoever. In time the body learns to control it and chances are it will have no impact on yours or your partners life. Hope things work out smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.