Allergy to clothes washing liquid

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have numerous allergies including chemicals and perfumed products and have been using Fairy non bio washing liquid to wash my clothes for several years with no problem as it was the only one I could use which didn't irritate my skin. I recently bought a new bottle and they have obviously changed the formula (though it doesn't warn you about this on the packaging!). I did a wash and now my clothes have an overpowering strong perfumed smell and make my skin itch when I touch them. I have put them back in the machine several times just with water and still can't get rid of the smell. Does anyone know how I could get the chemicals off my clothes (without using other chemicals)? Can anyone recommend another clothes washing product I could use which does not irritate the skin? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wash in vinegar and water. I have allergy to detergents use a detergent liquid for babies . My skin is a lot happier .😊

• Posted

Thanks for the tip with vinegar - will try that. Hadn't thought of a baby detergent. Will see if I can find one at the weekend. Thanks again!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.