3 months later sleep is back to normal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Was on 300 mg 3x a day for 3 weeks. After 3 months of sleep issues my sleep is normal again. This drug is awful and no good for someone coming of opiates. Beware!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is a bad drug..I only take it if I'm in really bad pain..I was going to start the injections in my neck but I can't lay on my stomach its to uncomfortable because I have hernias so now I'm stuck...My doc ( nurse praticener ) is not good at all...Had I known I had to lay on a stretcher face down in a pillow with my arms to my side, I would have never went..Nothing was explained until I was sitting on the stretcher the day of the injection...I'm going back to my primary care and bitch about this until they find me a place that explains what there doing before time...I don't want to take gabapentin

• Posted

Hi

i am on 1800mg of Gabapentin plus 200mg of Tramulief. Looks like life is going to be a bit challenging if I want to reduce. Actually I find the Gabapentin very helpful but I do worry about the long term effects

• Posted

If it's really helpful then it may be worth while, I took for over six months in a vain hope it would miraculously start working if I kept at it. Got up to 900mgs a day. Has taken me another six months to get back down to 100mgs a day. (I have chronic atypical facial pain, toothache with nothing wrong with my teeth😞wink

• Posted

My GP admitted she feels that Gabapentin is being over prescribed and is certainly unsuitable for any one who has a dependency on another drug. It can be as hard to withdraw from as the opiate pain medications.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.