25 y/o desperately seeking advice regarding an anal fissure!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm 25 years old and have been suffering from anal fissures for almost two years (I believe). I have experienced an itchy anus for the last two years, it seems to come and go every few weeks! I've been to the doctors twice regarding this and each time he has gave me cream which has done nothing! For a while I was under the impression I was possibly suffering from IBS as my bowel movements are not normal at all; I don't have regular movements and rarely have hard stool, I can be on the toilet for hours with constipation also, or have very runny and quick stool movements. This year I've began to get intense pain in my anus and can notice blood on my toilet paper after wiping, my bum is covered in tiny little cuts from time to time after a bowel movement. I also have bumps within my anus and sometimes have little white thread like bits on my finger if I itch! I use anti septic cream which sometimes works, so admittedly I haven't used many creams or remedies I honestly don't know where to start. This is becoming unbearable at times and I can be kept up until the early am with this. I genuinely feel like it's stopping me living my life at times, I just want some sort of answer as to what's going on and how to try and help it! Please help!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear levz29

Please don't be upset .just stop that all kind of BS like cream , medicine ,fiber etc etc .

Do what u have to .

Fiend out a good colorectal surgeon .make an appointment and do the surgery.thats it .

One month after surgery you will remember me I promise.

I had same problem .after using all that stupid stuff ,I decided to go surgery .life was miserable .now I'm so happy fell like before .eat everything .

So please please please do not waist your time or Money.

Let me know what you going to do .

• Posted

Sounds like a anal Fissure and may be infected. Get to a surgeon and get it fixed. It won't heal on its own

• Posted

You may also have pinworms in addition to a fissure... they are tiny white and threadlike as you describe. Google it; its an easy cure. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi Levz,

​I am so so sorry that you are going through such terrible pain and discomfort.

​Please reply and tell me if you have read my feedback on here,if not i can tell you what happened to me.

Clive ( Birmingham ) UK.

• Posted

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

4. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.