Help - anyone out there who has overcome VA

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi

I am struggling to get rid of VA symptoms after 4 months on topical hormone treatment. I need to hear from women who have overcome this and how and after how long. Feeling fed up.

1 like, 113 replies

113 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Mona Lisa laser treatment only thing that worked for me. Years of bladder infections antibiotics and pain gone. Not covered by insurance.

Used everything from Premarin to acupuncture. Wish you the best. It's an awful condition

• Posted

are you symptom free now? How many mona lisa treatments did you do? Can you tell us if you had a lot of pain with the treatments and was there recovery or healing time?

• Posted

Totally symptom free. No bladder infections. Sometime I can't believe it

I had three treatments and the n he said once a year after that. I had no pain with first treatment. Some itching with second and no pain with third

It worked for me. Good luck.

• Posted

thanks I'm so depressed today. I was so happy when I improved so much. Ha thought I was cured , now this is day two on fire again. Going to take my Norco and feel sorry for myself today ugh

• Posted

Was told it rejuvenates the atrophied tissue. You can look it up on line
    • Posted

Donna

I hope you are OK. I can only sympathise as I am going through the same things as you. Kkay on here has sent me some recent replies which might help us..have you seen them? Things like increasing doseage, trying different things and possibly patches etc.

I have felt so very down over this but you and others on here are having similar problems to me and so maybe we can find a solution and pass any tips on to each other.

I hope you get through the worst of this 'flare up'....take care

• Posted

I can only find one doctor in Indianapolis doing the Mona Lisa treatment , she charges $1000 a treatment and has only done the procedure on 30 patients so far. She specializes in cosmetic treatments mainly? And advertises this improves your sex life. I have been married 40 years and at 62 I still care about my sex life but I am in pain. I care about healing first. the thought of having sex right now is terrifying. Not sure why that upset me because I adore my husband and miss the closeness but this is more than just about sex. I need to feel human again. 
    • Posted

Hi Donna I looked up the mona at Lisa treatment in Indianapolis and saw that they do it at St. Vincent's women's health center is that the one you were talking about… I pay $2500 for three treatments and then 500 once a year for a follow up… For me it worked and it had nothing to do with being sexual I've been married for 45 years I'm 72 years old and that's the least of my worries the pain the misery the bladder infections are what I was looking for relief from and it gave me that… I can only talk from my experience… I think it's criminal that insurance does not cover this Monalisa treatment with so many women suffering I know they tout it has a cosmetic treatment but for me it rejuvenated the atrophied tissue which stop all the issues I was having

Keep me posted and I wish you the best of luck I know what you're going through

• Posted

St Vincent pelvic health team 317 582 8560 15 minute free consultation

There is an article that they are first Indiana hospital system to offer this laser procedure

• Posted

Yes that is where she is. Her name is Michelle Singer. I just don't know where I would get that kind of money but then I'd give about anything to stop the pain

• Posted

It is criminal that women have to suffer with this pain and Mona Lisa should really be covered by insurance it's not just something to restore your sexuality it's to stop the pain that so many women are going thru. I hope you find some relief

• Posted

I have. I went to my gynecologist in 2014 and was told it was the worst case she had ever seen. She put me on estrace but my blood pressure went up.

I feel like I tried everything. Then I started alternating coconut oil and vagisil pro hydrate.

After a couple weeks sex was possible again. Still felt somewhat sore but I continued with the coconut oil and the prohydrate. I'm completely back to normal. I still use both but not as often.

• Posted

HI

Thanks for your reply. My main symptom is a feeling of pressure on my bladder and needing to pee. I went through a really good phase and thought I was getting better but it re-emerged recently - soul destroying.

• Posted

I have a stage four prolapse that, along with atrophy is very, very painful. I can't use a pessary for the prolapse because I'm allergic to most of the creams prescribed for the atrophy. My doc does the Mona Lisa and says that she thinks it will restore the vaginal lining so that I can use a pessary. comfortably. What do you think? Are there any bad side effects to the Mona Lisa?

• Posted

It really is soul destroying. I do still occasionally have bladder issues. I went through a couple weeks on antibiotics for a bladder infection. Even without signs of infection I occasionally have that pressure. I was told it was all part of the physical changes that occur post menopause.

I know how awful it is. Honestly I felt like I was sealed closed. An internal at the time was impossible. Now that things are normal and I'm able to be intimate with my husband again i'm still fearful it'll go back to what it was.

That's why I continue with the coconut oil and prohydrate. I found that once I was able to have intercourse again it continued to improve.

Don't give up. I hope you will find something that works for you.

• Posted

How do you use the coconut oil and where do you get the prohydrate? Do you use applicator or make suppositories?
    • Posted

I use an applicator and just put a small amount of the coconut oil in the applicator. The prohydrate I order from Amazon.

Honestly I think I tried everything on the market. I even tried using dialators but was not having any luck with those either.

This is the only combo that's worked for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.