9 months post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I had hysterectomy and BSO July 2015 open surgery I had to go back in December 2015 as still in lots of pain but surgeon advised he could not get in so had to go back in again open surgery to see what was going on? I had mass adhesions where my organs were stuck together and my bowel stuck to tummy wall xx I am now 9 months post op and starting to have pain again I can't stand for more than 5 minutes as cramps and pain in left side xx trouble going for a bowel movement so sudden got to go x I'm stressed to death now xx any ideas would be good xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicola.. Had my surgery September everything went well hysterectomy wise surgeon cut my bladder by accident had to have surgery to repair it came home with Catheter for 6 weeks was not happy at all very uncomfortable.. Got over that was doing good unil a few weeks ago started with pain in my left side I mean bad pain.. Could not figure out was going the pain was real bad husband took me to emrg I had cat scan and they found I had divaticuliest so stayed the night had multiple bags of antibiotics put threw by IV came home with 2 strong meds for 14 days. I guess I may have this again .. Not fun.. if your pain is real bad please go to the ermg they told me I'd I have pain like that again not to wait get there cuz I guess your bowel can perferate and you can get real sick

• Posted

Nicola, 

So sorry to learn you're suffering with this!  My suggestion would be to go get a second opinion from another surgeon and possibly go see a gastroenterologist...

Please don't put off going!  Something is going on, and I think it would be best to find out sooner rather than later!  

Please let me know how you get on! xx

• Posted

Hi Lynda and Tish

Thank you for your replies and yes I will go back to gp to see what he thinks xx I just worry they think I am being soft xx I will let you know what happens xx ??????😘

• Posted

I'm glad you're going back to your gp; but if he does give you the impression that he thinks you're being "soft" or if he fobbs you off, try to get a referral to a gastroenterologist.  The digestive tract is his speciality.

Most gps and surgeons don't have any idea of the complex processes that are going on.

Please let us know how you do! xx 

• Posted

Hiya Lynda

I will go back to see him it will be after Christmas now I would think but I will go x I will let you know what happens xx merry Christmas 🎁 xxx

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me again!  In the meantime, I hope you start to feel better!  Merry Christmas to you, too! xxx
  • Posted

I think they guessed you may have Diverticulitis. But I wouldn't believe that without a colonoscopy by a Gastroenterologist. I'm 58 & have it. It can be age related & it's quite common but people don't necessarily know they have it if only mild. You can get flare ups.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.