Suddenly always need to pee! Please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

​I noticed a couple of weeks ago i suddenly needed to pee much more often it coincided with me starting sertraline ( anti depressant) but i didnt necessarily think the two were connected. Had a urine test was fine, this week though feels like pressure on my bladder and sometimes i go and not much comes out and its uncomfortable down there a little bit, not helping with sleep. Not drinking any more or less than usual and dont drink alcohol, Any ideas please???

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Carolyn

Are you taking any other meds??

I'm interested to here what others think, i came of pregablin ( nerve pain and to many side effect) 300mg twice a day about 3 weeks ago but was also put on sertraline ( for depression ). Since I came off I have lost just over 12 kg but I have been peeing more and going at least twice in the night never had this problem before. So I don't really know if coming off pregablin has caused it or the sertrline. I have not changed diet or drinking anymore.

Seeing Gp next week due to rapid weight loss as she said she's not sure if it's drugs.

Regards

George

• Posted

He's taken me off sertraline I was willing to persevere with the 2 side effects I had insomnia and ibs flare ups thought the pee thing was a coincidence. So maybe not. Not on any meds yet but he's switched me to amitrypteline but I don't think dose is strong enough for depression. He wasn't interested in the peeing problem as I've given another sample to test for infection. I'm at a loss really. ...

• Posted

Forgot to say, I've had major spinal problems and during my spinal fusion the sacral nerve got damaged, my bladder feels up I get the sensation to go but I actually physically can't pass it's called a atonic bladder, so I have been self catherterising since I was 34 ( now 38). They have said they can't repair and it's I have to do it for life.!!

What dose of amertryptilin are you on, are they using this as the antidepressant now then??

• Posted

I'm on 10 to 20mg for sleep ibs and depression but don't think dose enough for depression

• Posted

10-20 mg is no where near enough for depression, it would normally be doses over 75mg + once a day. Lower doses tend to be used for help with nerve pain etc, however your Dr might be starting you off on a low dose with increasing as you go, does he have follow ups to see you?
    • Posted

Well he was funny with me. He said now I'm not drinking I might not need anything else and amitrpteline will help with sleep and ibs. From what I remember I was groggy for a week or so after starting on the 10 and would still be a bit tired when that wore off. I don't think I could manage on 70mg say and get back to work full time. He mentioned 25mg. He said come back in a month. I wanted to see a different doc but none available. I'm concerned buggsy

• Posted

Could be over active bladder ask your doctor for medication to help relax the muscle that controls the bladder. Sometimes our our plumbing wears out a bit too!

• Posted

The doc wasn't interested. I have put another sample in to test for infection as it's worse than last week. Is there anything I can get from a chemist as I'm sick of he sight of my doctors at the moment!

• Posted

The doc has to write u a prescription once he had completed all the urinary tests. The RX MEDS will help relax the bladder muscle so u won't feel the urgency to releive the bladder or constantly running to the bathroom. If iT's not an infection of any type then that is the next conclusion.

• Posted

Oh no then! Docs again! They will be sick of me. Hopefully get results back tomorrow
  • Posted

maybe you're more sensitive to coffee and other diuretics

• Posted

Maybe but I only have one coffee a day and a cup of tea later in the day with lunch or mid afternoon. It's never affected me before. I just don't know why it's come on all of a sudden

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.