Trying to conceive after depo injection

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi every body !

i have already spoken to medical professionals about this with little to no luck so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me.

I came off the depo this year (last shot was Feb, ran out in may), as me and partner would like to try for a baby...

i had been on depo for 7 years before coming off,

and got my first period back at the end of September this year... it lasted a week, I had a week period free and then another period for a week.

then 29 days later another period lasting around about a week, 

i am 'due' my period on Saturday (according to a cycles app)  however this week I have had really thick discharge, stomach cramps, constipation and today began nausea.

Is it common to have the symptom coming off of the depo?

is there any chance I could have conceived so early after coming off the depo?

all I seem to read are horror stories of infertility after depo, something I was not told about before going on to it!!

ANY advice or input would be appreciated 

thanks in advance

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

U could easily get prg this quick ive heard of women missin the shot by days n being pregnant id do a test the day ur periods due first thing in morning pee is best
    • Posted

Thankyou, if my app is correct I should start tomorrow,

So if no sign I will test!

Thank you! X

• Posted

Everybody body is different it could in some cases take 18-24 months to get your baby's cycle back into a full routine. Don't get too downhearted if you don't catch straight away it can take a long time. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.